Artistic Inquiries Thread - Ask Anything Related to Art!

Well that's all down to opinion although most threads with a 'Shop' prefix will most likely accept requests for avatars. Be sure to take discussion of the request to Profile Comments and or PMs.

HELP USING GIMP

I've been watching tutorials on Youtube but none of them have worked, so I've done a bit of research before coming here.

I'm trying to get an Animated .gif onto a background, without the background disappearing!

Example of .gif im using
001.gif

Example of background im trying to put it against
[attachment=6968]

What i'm trying to create:
zenithofindignationrequestype2.gif

Merged with Artistic Inquiries Thread - Delta

Attachments

• 65636.png
    65636.png
    2.7 KB · Views: 23
RE: HELP USING GIMP

*Moved.*

Anyway you copy the background in each frame. What you'll do is Paste As New Layer. Make that layer and the frame you are adding it to be the only visible layers. You can then use the merge visible layers tool. You'd have to repeat this for each frame.

Hm that would also depend on the program you are using to animate! If your using Photoshop you could just add a new layer under the transparent bulbasaur animation.

Or if you want to be really lazy (also depending on how/where you intend to use this), you could just layer the images together using HTML/CSS.

Anyone know a good way to test out Artistic Pens? I'm thinking about inking over a sketch but I'm not sure how it'll turn out :p

0059502000000-ST-01-Pen-Tips.jpg

I actually tend to draw in said pens to see what they're like for things like inking. Try stippling and hatching with them, line thickness and thinness, pressure, etc. Learn how the tip reacts to how you draw as well.

i.e. I tend to be pretty heavy handed when I line thanks to doing it with a tablet for a good 10 years, so when I ink traditionally I make sure I force myself to press lighter and have more fluid strokes, especially when using a detailing pen such as an 0.1 so I don't ruin the tip.

Brush pens are also super fun to just outright sketch with because you can get so much variation of line.

I'm currently using the brush pen and am perfectly content with it. I've been successful with it so far; it's easy to color and manipulate digitally.

[split] Art Showcase & Requests - General Discussion Thread

Can someone help out?

I want the background transparent (including the flowers), and the purple parts (like at her eye) to look normal.
Please do not use Microsoft Paint.
seoinf_zpsbcf9449e.png

[private]Merged the threads together. Someone can volunteer to help him/her out. ~IA[/private]

@Photonblaze: What software did you use? Unless you are using Photoshop, the only way to be able to disable the background is to click on the Eye to the side of your desired layer. If you worked with multiple layers, which is an immensely important thing to remember, then you should have no problem with having certain things being hidden, other than the flowers and the colour placement around the eyes. Hopefully this helped.

[split] Plushie

Hey all ive been looking for an exact forum post alrdy on plushes cudnt find anything specific so though id make one here. Im looking for a Plush of Hypno its my GF fav pokemon and she loves plushs plus its her bday soon so wud love to be able to get her this.

The plush itself i dont think there is an official one so if you know where to find a good custom or even if you can make one yourself id be interested to hear about it we can talk cost and such during the process but really would love it if some1 could help me out with this one.

Email or PM if you can custom make them urself i will chat with you from there.

Thanks in advance to any1 that can provide any help in this.

Question: Can members create a thread in the Artist Tutorials sub-forum to post their tutorial?

Yes, you are free to make a thread showcasing your tutorial(s)/resources. We will have the rules for the forum up very soon, but you are free to begin submitting them. :)

Would anyone know why a tablet would sometimes work and sometimes not? It seems to be random but whenever I open SAI and begin to draw the pressure doesn't always register and I get lines that don't end with a point. I always make sure the minimum size is at its lowest when this happens (although that has been to blame before) but the only way to fix this is to reboot. It's pretty inconvenient especially after I open a set of tabs to begin drawing and don't know what the cause is.
I'm told to update Adobe Air every time I plug my tablet in however the problem comes up with or without this prompt. Sometimes I unplug the USB and put it in later but the issue has never been brought up this way.

Haven't been able to decide if this is the best spot to ask (since it's art and TCG related), but I'm looking to make my own play mat, and it was suggested I try using paint instead of markers (since I've used both high quality and low quality, and both would just end up bleeding). So I want to know what the best kind of paint to use on something like an Ultra Pro would be. I've been told to use enamel paint, but my only experience with it is car models, so I'm not so sure. I've also been told to avoid acrylic, but again I'm clueless on the topic.

Hi, I got told to post in here... so here I am!
Many of you know of the regular Werewolf games hosted on PB. Recently, banners and buttons have been somewhat needed for these games. Some kind PB members have offered to create these banners, but I also believe it would be necessary for a banner/button tutorial that can be used for WW games as well as things such as stories, fake TCG sets and trading threads. This will increase the creativity in of many members and also possibly draw in new ones! Therefore, I ask for a tutorial to be created, either by a single member or a collaboration. The tutorial will also be most likely be linked to on the Werewolf Master Document.
Thanks for your consideration, and I hope to see a tutorial in the near future!

Hello,
I need some advice about acrylic paint. I really need yellow and white with high covering power.
I currently use pébéo artist acrylics and the yellow and white are horribly translucent... I have to apply several layers for it to appear opaque, and this necessary leads to ugly brush strokes and uneven covering. It's particularly bothersome when I'm painting over pokémon cards.

I tried the Citadel paints, and those are really great but horribly expensive (3,20€ for 12ml...)
So, since I found a discount on Liquitex paints next to home, I would like to read your opinion about them. Or maybe you have a better reference, I am all ears :D

Hi, I wasn't sure where to put this but I think that this is the closes place to it, I recently started a youtube channel called blastburn and was wondering if anyone could help my design a logo and channel banner. As I have no money to pay for it I am not asking for a master piece or it too be done asap. I really appreciate art however I cannot draw to save my life. I would really appreciate if someone could help me out thanks...

James

I was curious if it is a good investment to get a tablet if I only draw casually, since I want to draw digitally, but I don't want to shell out $50 on a tablet I only use once or twice and never get my money back.

Back