Regionals: Top Cut of 64 or below.
States: Top Cut of 32 or below.
Nats: Top 128, two flights.
Worlds:?
I think these are correct, not sure.

RE: Ask a Simple Play! Pokémon Question

ShowStopper said:
Ice said:
Battle Roads don't have top cut. Everything else does.

Ok so how big are each one on average then?

It really depends on the location. Events in IL and CA will be very big, while some others are small.

Ice said:
Cities: Top Cut of 8 or 4.
Regionals: Top Cut of 64 or below.
States: Top Cut of 32 or below.
Nats: Top 128, two flights.
Worlds:?
I think these are correct, not sure.
Cities Top Cut caps at 8, States at 16, and Regionals at 32.
I think the Worlds top cut is 32 as well, but I am honestly not sure, since that one is different.

Hello, I am looking to put together a resource for the West Coast. I am looking for a way to get in touch with TCG judges and event organizers in British Columbia (province), Washington (state), and Oregon (state). Where do I start? There does not appear to be a Nugget Bridge (VGC events) equivalent website out there for TCG?

Washington is where Big Daddy Snorlax is. I'm not sure right now who is for Oregon or British Columbia.

Do you need anything to enter Battle Roads, Cities, and Regionals? Is it just a preregistration and pay?

There is no Battle Roads this season. Those will instead be League Challenges. More information about them should be available soon.

You may or may not have to preregister to play in the other tournaments. In my area, you can only preregister for Prereleases. Otherwise there is no other requirements to attend besides the money if you are in Masters.

When does League Challenges start? and can anyone tell me where there are some in MN? I know my local league prob won't host one.

I don't have exact dates yet, but we are planning on hosting one at Outpost.

King Arceus said:
I don't have exact dates yet, but we are planning on hosting one at Outpost.

Cool thanks, will the store website have information when a date/time is set?

Once I get the information, I will post it. I can't guarantee how much additional publicity it will get.

that's fine, as long as it gets posted somewhere, I just had my little girl born on Monday so I may not make it to regular leagues anywhere for a while.

Need help setting up the Tournament software on my computer! I have installed it, but it keeps saying access denied. Can anyone give me a hand with this?

Have you tried running it as an administrator?

So I found out there's a Pokemon League near me, and I want to start going to it next year. Any tips for a newbie? What things should I bring and what should I expect? Thanks!

If you already have a Player ID, you will need to bring it with you. If you do not have one, a Player ID will be issued to you when you go. You will need to keep this card with you when you attend events. You will for sure want to bring your deck, damage counters, and a randomizer. Many players will also brings cards for trade with them.

Some leagues do support the Pokemon Video Games. You will have to ask your league if they do if that is something that interests you. My league I do support it, but not all leagues do.

The most important thing to do at league is have fun. You will probably learn a lot if you are new to playing the game.

With 14 activated players, aren't I entitled to prizes for 20? My Fennekin order is only for 10. Should I contact support to see what's up?

TheBreen said:
With 14 activated players, aren't I entitled to prizes for 20? My Fennekin order is only for 10. Should I contact support to see what's up?

Dan Brandt said:
Sorry for the scare folks, this is a systems issue. Brad and I are currently fixing the orders before we are off for Thanksgiving.

If you actually receive the incorrect number of materials please submit a customer service ticket and we will look into this issue further.

How long does it usually take for a League application to get approved? I sent one in over a month ago and have yet to hear anything back.

Back