Back to Basics Project: Now with Base Set 2!

RE: Back to Basics Project: Complete!

Celebi23 said:
Alright, I need some input. And to make it a little more exciting, I'll give a spoiler for a future card along with it. It probably won't be released in the next set, though. Anyway, after getting numerous suggestions about the layout of the cards, I've come up with a brand new one. It sacrifices a little bit of image size for a top banner and larger text font.

2n9f9tc.jpg

What do you guys think of it? Any suggestions? Which one do you like better?

I like this style much better, but a suggestion would be to color code the energy costs.

Celebi23 said:
Alright, I need some input. And to make it a little more exciting, I'll give a spoiler for a future card along with it. It probably won't be released in the next set, though. Anyway, after getting numerous suggestions about the layout of the cards, I've come up with a brand new one. It sacrifices a little bit of image size for a top banner and larger text font.

2n9f9tc.jpg

What do you guys think of it? Any suggestions? Which one do you like better?

I like it, its a bit more colorful and exiting.
The card is great too, Blastoise/Charizard FTW :p

olimar1023 said:
I like it, its a bit more colorful and exiting.
The card is great too, Blastoise/Charizard FTW :p

Not really, you'd be discarding your 2 waters too.

iisnumber12 said:
Not really, you'd be discarding your 2 waters too.

True, but after using Blastoise' first attack, attatch a water energy and use Charizard's power to use his charge Blastoise' second attack.

olimar1023 said:
True, but after using Blastoise' first attack, attatch a water energy and use Charizard's power to use his charge Blastoise' second attack.

First of all, Charizard only attaches to the bench so to have Blastoise Ultimate Blaster then Take Down you'd need 3 Stage 2s of two different lines, a Warp Point (note this lets the opponent choose what Pokemon gets hit as well) 2 Fire in the discard, and a Water Energy in the hand-all for 50 damage with 10 recoil, on top of the 20 damage taken from Charizard. Also note that Blastoise is a Stage 2 requiring {W}{C}{C} to deal 50 to opponent and 10 to self while Vaporeon is a Stage 1 that needs {W}{W}{C} to deal a flat out 50. Blastoise seems horribly underpowered.

The site has been updated with Set #5: Lost Legends!

Celebi, can you get Supporters from the previous sets with X-Transceiver, like Skyla or Drayden when it is used?

No. A Supporter must be X-Compatible for X-Transceiver to search it. None of the Supporters pre-Lost Legends are X-Compatible.

RE: Back to Basics Project: Set 5 Complete!

Yup. I'm definitely out of a job now lol. The new layout looks great, Celebi.

Just one thing though. When you go to print the cards, the text is still blurry because you added the text in Paint, and saved the picture as something other than a PNG file. Once the card is printed, it is VERY blurry. Is there any way that you can add the text in another program, such as Microsoft Publisher?

I also have a good idea on how to do the layout for the Trainers. You still want me to work on the cards? I'd be more than happy to do so. :)

:O
I really, REALLY like that Alakazam. and the new style looks AMAZING! keep up the good work!

You like? Same exact layout, but with much sharper font and Pokemon images. :)

cni1i.png
zx16qa.png
2ywgx2v.png

^Honestly doesn't look significantly different to me.
Trexroarr said:
Yup. I'm definitely out of a job now lol. The new layout looks great, Celebi.

Just one thing though. When you go to print the cards, the text is still blurry because you added the text in Paint, and saved the picture as something other than a PNG file. Once the card is printed, it is VERY blurry. Is there any way that you can add the text in another program, such as Microsoft Publisher?

I also have a good idea on how to do the layout for the Trainers. You still want me to work on the cards? I'd be more than happy to do so. :)
I don't use Paint lol. I don't even have a working Windows computer. But sure, I'm open to a new trainer layout. Just PM me.

Celebi23 said:
^Honestly doesn't look significantly different to me.
I don't use Paint lol. I don't even have a working Windows computer. But sure, I'm open to a new trainer layout. Just PM me.

Well when you print them, you will definitely see a difference. You don't use Paint? I thought you told me once that you did! Oops! lol

I'll PM you when I get up to the Trainers.

Oh and.... :)

2u5dwk4.png
259h9io.png
xdrr89.png

There is a bit of a difference, Texx's print is a bit clearer then the other ones.

How do you suggest we'd have it? PlayTCG proxies is the best option I could think of, but that would get pretty annoying, especially with the trainers and energy. But if there's a good way to do it, I'd love to.

I think playtcg proxies would work. Redshark might work because you can make custom cards, but it's a little faulty.

I guess you're right. Here it is:

http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-back-to-basics-tournament-1

Back