Back

ShowStopper

Aspiring Trainer
I am interested in getting back into the Pokemon TCG.
The last time I played was around Fire Red/Leaf Green Booster.

How does the OP work in Pokemon?
What decks are considered to be the best and the price of deck and certain cards in those decks?

Thanks.

Well by OP, I hope its organised play. Anyway, it is very competitive (good thing) and quite fun. You need a POP ID and a decklist for official tournes. In the UK you have to pay to enter but I don't know about your area.

Good decks ATM:

Legos
Luxape
Mother Gengar
SP/Luxray GL

This list will change however when new sets arrive obviously.

Making a legos deck should set you back about $100
Luxape is about $125
Mother gengar $60

Hope I helped :)

kashmaster said:
Well by OP, I hope its organised play. Anyway, it is very competitive (good thing) and quite fun. You need a POP ID and a decklist for official tournes. In the UK you have to pay to enter but I don't know about your area.

Good decks ATM:

Legos
Luxape
Mother Gengar
SP/Luxray GL

This list will change however when new sets arrive obviously.

Making a legos deck should set you back about $100
Luxape is about $125
Mother gengar $60

Hope I helped :)

Yes that helped a bit, where can I find decklists of the decks you listed above?

PokeKid Brandon said:
Claydols and uxies are what are really gonna set you back some.
stumpy271 said:
Claydol and Uxie are both around $20. Those are the main drawpower for most decks.

Those are $20 each? How many of each should I be playing?

Ideally, you'll want to get 2 Claydol and 2 Uxie. 1 Uxie LV. X also wouldn't hurt though it is about $30. Yeah, they are expensive, but you need them.

Other than those staples and other Level Xs, though, most of the cards in your deck shouldn't be above $5 a piece.

Unfortunately, though, Uxies are starting to get more expensive...now they are starting to bump into the $25 category.

Blue Thunder said:
Ideally, you'll want to get 2 Claydol and 2 Uxie. 1 Uxie LV. X also wouldn't hurt though it is about $30. Yeah, they are expensive, but you need them.

Other than those staples and other Level Xs, though, most of the cards in your deck shouldn't be above $5 a piece.

Unfortunately, though, Uxies are starting to get more expensive...now they are starting to bump into the $25 category.

ok so these cards are pretty much staples now?

kashmaster said:
My advice would be to wait until worlds are over so the prices will dull down a bit.

Ok, I will see if I can get some at locals undepriced.

Also,
How does the OP work regs, states, nats and worlds?
What is the prize support?

Is there a good starter deck to start out with right now?

kashmaster said:
My advice would be to wait until worlds are over so the prices will dull down a bit.

I'm not sure they would go down since the 09-10 format is DP-On as well, so players will still be buying.

And yes, those cards are staples.

^ You can get Japanese Claydols because they are less expensive. Japanese cards will only be allowed for one more season, but after this season, Claydol will be rotated out anyway. Don't get Japanese Uxies. They will be useful for quite a while.

Back