Ban Mewtwo EX?

alexmf2 said:
How was Catcher good for the game? It completely annihilated stage 2 decks. Reversal didn't do that. While it did add a little luck to the game, at least it still allowed for setup decks to survive.

I went to worlds. Do you know how many players walked out of the play area cursing at Pokémon Reversal flips. A lot. Catcher was great for the game. It also didn't destroy stage 2 decks. I won Regionals with Magneboar AFTER catcher came out. Also in that top 4, there was a Gengar Prime deck.

Stage 2 decks aren't dead, they're just harder to play now, Vileplume/liligant took 3rd at a Regionals.....

another problem is that everyone assumes that they are dead, and therefore don't play a perfectly good deck just because it has a stage 2 in it, which leads to underrepresented stage 2 decks.

certain decks with internal draw like magnezone, empoleon, Tyram, and Venasaur are all self sufficient after 1 of them gets out.... This also relates to mewtwo, he has many good stage 2 partners as well but there is no one "sliver bullet" deck that uses mewtwo as their main attacker, so there's no reason to ban him ^^

B/W 1st Turn Rules + Rare Candy Errata + Pokemon Catcher = Stage 2's Irrelevant.

What part of that do you not understand? Vileplume is the ONLY good Stage 2 left because of Twins in the format as it helps the deck achieve a T2 Item Lock as most decks run lots of Items. Twins is pretty much what makes Stage 2's competitive still and with it being rotated out they are pretty much useless.

Mewtwo is NEVER ran with Stage 2 partner's EVER. Go ahead and try running Mewtwo/Gardevoir at Spring Battle Roads, you will most likely lose almost every matchup cause your Opponent's are running much faster decks with just Basics and/or Stage 1's. Setup decks aside from Vileplume have no place in the format anymore, as long as Pokemon Catcher remains Modified legal.

Card Slinger J said:
B/W 1st Turn Rules + Rare Candy Errata + Pokemon Catcher = Stage 2's Irrelevant.

What part of that do you not understand? Vileplume is the ONLY good Stage 2 left because of Twins in the format as it helps the deck achieve a T2 Item Lock as most decks run lots of Items. Twins is pretty much what makes Stage 2's competitive still and with it being rotated out they are pretty much useless.

Mewtwo is NEVER ran with Stage 2 partner's EVER. Go ahead and try running Mewtwo/Gardevoir at Spring Battle Roads, you will most likely lose almost every matchup cause your Opponent's are running much faster decks with just Basics and/or Stage 1's. Setup decks aside from Vileplume have no place in the format anymore, as long as Pokemon Catcher remains Modified legal.

You are color blind about the meta. If you saw all of the other decks that have been doing good, you would see that there are decks that are not metagame that do good. Mewtwo/Chandelure, Magnezone Eels, Gothitelle/Mewtwo, and Reshiboar. These decks still exist. You HAVE to be ready for them because people still play them. Look at the deck garage. All of these are legitimate decks. I will say it, but 98% of the members on pokebeach are bad. But they still exist. You have to watch out for the smaller decks. Though Stage 2s aren't as good as the speed basic decks, they are not irrelivent. The just don't win a ton. Stage 2s are NOT dead. They are hiding from those who think they know the meta.

iisnumber12 said:
You are color blind about the meta. If you saw all of the other decks that have been doing good, you would see that there are decks that are not metagame that do good. Mewtwo/Chandelure, Magnezone Eels, Gothitelle/Mewtwo, and Reshiboar. These decks still exist. You HAVE to be ready for them because people still play them. Look at the deck garage. All of these are legitimate decks. I will say it, but 98% of the members on pokebeach are bad. But they still exist. You have to watch out for the smaller decks. Though Stage 2s aren't as good as the speed basic decks, they are not irrelivent. The just don't win a ton. Stage 2s are NOT dead. They are hiding from those who think they know the meta.

Decks in the deck garage =/= tournament winning decks.

alexmf2 said:
Decks in the deck garage =/= tournament winning decks.

Did you read all of my post. I thought I made it clear that I said those weren't the best decks, but they are still there and are not irrelivent.

Just because somebody plays it does not mean that it will make any sort of impact. Therefore, they are irrelevant.

We're talking about decks that can make impacts, not necessarily decks that will.

Card Slinger is speaking in absolutes.

Stage twos aren't that viable mainly because other cards do the job better. Reshiboar/phlosion = Same idea as Zekeels, but with very tight deckspace and worse Energy acceleration. Mewtwo/Gardevoir = CMT but with much less options for attackers, and much more weak to enemy Mewtwos.

Empoleon could make a decent tier two deck, and the new Garchomp might see some play as well. Stage twos certainly aren't in their prime at the moment, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

alexmf2 said:
Just because somebody plays it does not mean that it will make any sort of impact. Therefore, they are irrelevant.

Yes it does. There are still those players that you might play against round 1 or 2. If you play Durant and they play a good Reshiboar, you lose.

iisnumber12 said:
Yes it does. There are still those players that you might play against round 1 or 2. If you play Durant and they play a good Reshiboar, you lose.

If they are a good player, they wouldn't be playing Reshiboar, and so there is a very high probability that they will not know how to play against Durant.

alexmf2 said:
If they are a good player, they wouldn't be playing Reshiboar, and so there is a very high probability that they will not know how to play against Durant.

A lot of the people who play Reshiboar are borderline good players. Your plan would be to hope they are a bad player?

No. If they were okay players, then the Durant might lose.

Stage 2s are not irrelevant in the fact that people don't play them, they are irrelevant in the fact that they lose to ZekEels and CMT, the two best decks in the current format.

alexmf2 said:
No. If they were okay players, then the Durant might lose.

Stage 2s are not irrelevant in the fact that people don't play them, they are irrelevant in the fact that they lose to ZekEels and CMT, the two best decks in the current format.

Irrelivant means that it doesn't involve the format at all. Those decks are still in format. They are only okay, but they are diffinitely relevant.

Guys and gals, this is a thread about Mewtwo EX and wether or not it should be banned, I will report you.
Mewtwo EX, if that is banned, Zekeels is pretty much gone, CMT wrecked and alot of decks aren't playable. Then what will be played? Durant and rogues, that's what. Terrakion is useless because Zekeelss is gone, and Darkrai EX and the other Dark Types will lose alot of play. Mewtwo EX being banned will collapse the format.

^ actually zekeels will still see play because now it has room for other tech attackers (zekrom EX, raikou EX Regigigas EX etc.) CMT will die though, darkrai will remain hyped and popular, why? because his job isn't to counter mewtwo EX...

banning mewtwo isn't the way to go imo because it's not really mewtwo we have to worry about, it's the EX cards that they're going to print 2-3 sets from now that will be even stronger so we have something that mewtwo can't kill.... what we will have then to counter them I don't know.....

@ The Pikachu Mafia, Zekeels with stay but without Mewtwo it isn't that efficient(tired, don't yell) . Mewtwo kills some stuff, dies and then Eelectrik puts the energy on whatever they need to be on. DarkraiEX will see less play because it can easily survive agaist Mewtwo.

I suppose :/ but darkrai's main purpose is to give free retreat and act as an okay attacker..... not to counter mewtwo..

Blui129 said:
@ The Pikachu Mafia, Zekeels with stay but without Mewtwo it isn't that efficient(tired, don't yell) . Mewtwo kills some stuff, dies and then Eelectrik puts the energy on whatever they need to be on. DarkraiEX will see less play because it can easily survive agaist Mewtwo.

Mewtwos are only played in that deck to counter other Mewtwos, especially against CMT. Many games never involve Mewtwo. There isn't a problem with Mewtwo at all, and saying the format would collapse without it is completely off base.

Back