Who do you want to see play Week 2?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

R-C

The Forgotten
Pokebeach
Battle of the Week
Season Three

Welcome, to Season Three of Battle of the Week. I'm your host R-C a fairly new contributor hoping to make a difference this summer in our VG Community with new and improved activities such as BotW. This activity slowly faded out during Season 2. It became more and more forgotten as some of you newer members have never heard of this event on our forums anyway.

Battle of the Week is when some of the best battlers on Pokebeach gather together in a poll. You the member will get to vote to see which 2 will face off that week. Then when they do face off we will record it and hopefully upload it to youtube or aesoft ( if need be ). This process will go on for hopefully 8-10 weeks or even more based on activity. This activity will hopefully bring the community closer as a whole and we get to see who the best battlers really are on Pokebeach.

Rules:
• Species Clause
-You cannot have two or more of the same species of a Pokémon on your team.
-- Example: You cannot have two Charmander on your team.
• Uber Clause
- Pokémon in the "Uber" tier list are not allowed to be on your team. These Pokemon are: Arceus, Blaziken, Darkrai, Deoxys (Normal and Attack formes only), Dialga, Excadrill, Garchomp, Giratina (both formes), Groudon, Ho-Oh, Kyogre, Latios, Lugia, Manaphy, Mewtwo, Palkia, Rayquaza, Reshiram, Shaymin-S, Thundurus, and Zekrom
-- Because they have not been officially released, Keldeo, Meloetta (both formes), and Genesect may not be used on any team.
• Sleep Clause
- You cannot put two of your opponent's Pokémon asleep at the same time.
-- Using moves that put your own Pokémon to sleep like rest will not trigger the Sleep Clause.
• Evasion Clause
- A Pokémon cannot use moves or items that directly increase its evasion stat.
-- Sand Veil and Snow Cloak do not break this clause. BrightPowder and Lax Incense do break this clause.
• Freeze Clause
- You cannot freeze two of your opponent's Pokémon.
• OHKO Clause
- A Pokémon cannot use moves OHKO moves.
-- Example: Fissure
• Self-KO Clause
- If both players are down to one Pokémon each, you are not allowed to use a move that KOs both Pokémon to force a tie.
-- If a recoil damage move forces a tie, then the Self-KO Clause does not trigger. The match will then be declared a draw.

Side Note: The type of match will be determined by the participants. The two players may choose to do an Underused, Doubles, Ubers, VGC, or some other kind of match as long as it isn’t challenge cup. Most will probably be standard OU, but other tiers are possible. Also you may NOT vote for yourself if you do then the vote will not be counted for at the end of the week.

Spectator Rules:

• The battle window is not for conversation. I expect mostly quiet from the spectators. One reason is that the two battlers need to concentrate in order to have the best match possible. Having text consistently moving up their right screen is very distracting. The second reason is that the battles will appear on YouTube. YouTubers need to be able to read the text, so please try to be professional and not talk during the match. Now I’m not saying total silence for the entire match is required, but you can’t just blurt out the first thing that comes to your mind.

• The matches will be held on either Saturday or Sunday at the determined time by the two participants. We are not going to hold the match for you. If you want to watch, get there on time.

• If you are on Skype with a mic, please don’t swear. Again, this will be on YouTube for everybody to see. If you do, we will probably remove you from future Skype conversations.

• If you are a participating battler and you are also on Skype, no cheating. (not that we expect you to.) If you are watching 2 players face off, and you know all about 1 of the participants teams, don’t spoil the surprise. Especially not if one of the battlers is on Skype.

If anybody has the ability to record the match while being on Skype chat, please let me know. It's impossible for me to be there 100% of the time, so a backup would be cool. If you have Skype and some recording device that can pick up Skype conversations, let me know. it would be much appreciated.

If your are interested in joining the next week's poll. Please either contact me or another VG Mod so you can be added ASAP.

- R-C

RE: Battle of the Week - Season III Week 2 ( Voting )

Pride vs Me
Pride vs Comfort Eagle
Pride vs PMJ
Pride vs King Arceus
Pride vs gamercal

Pride vs somebody would be really awesome.

I can take Pride >:]

- R-C

I don't really mind who exactly plays on a personal level, I'd just like to see a good match. But then again, go R-C!

psh, thanks for thinking I can take him. Haha, I want to see a good match. Jake believes in me ! :)

Wow, people are voting for me that's good. :)

- R-C

Personally I would find a match with Teapot and R-C very interesting, no? But good luck to all. :)

I'll stop the voting now seeing it hasn't changed in the last day or so.

[smod]Pride[/smod] vs [member]R-C[/member]

I'll try to get a time set with Pride. I hope this weekend is a bit busy.

- R-C

Alright, good luck to both of you! It would be wrong to say that most of us wanted to see this, ahaha.

I'll host a Skype Call again if I can make the time, come join to hear me talking in my unnaturally deep voice.

Let's hope to have more then 4 people this time lol.

It's set.
Sunday , June 3rd 2012 @
6 PM PST / 7 PM MST / 8 PM CST / 9 PM EST.

Pride vs R-C

Hopefully Pokebeach will be available.

Confirming server tomorrow evening before the match.

Skype Call I hope will start about 1/2 an Hour before the match or soo. I will most likely be part of it.
You would like to join PM Blah or Myself we will add you.

- R-C

Confirming the time

hulkrotom.png

:[ Starting in 25 Minutes or So.

Pokebeach Server.

- R-C

BOOOOOO HAX

Hax......ugh.

Won 2-0.

OHKO Crit on Heatran T1.

- R-C

Dat crit

Yeah, the T1 crit kinda ruined it. The rest of the match was ok, although Heatran was really Pride's only counter to the rest of R-C's team.

Back