• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Bench Attack - Gigalith/Kyurem

Jareth43

Aspiring Trainer
The Deck list is:
Pokemon:
Groudon EX x1
3-3-3 Gigalith (Noble Victories Version w/ Core Cannon)
Kyurem x4
Bouffalant x2 (Dragons Exalted)
T/S/S:
Cheren x4
N x4
Potion x4
Exp. Share x4
Great Ball x4
Level Ball x2
Energy Retrevial x2
Energy:
Blend Energy WLFM x2
DCE x4
Fighting Energy x8
Water energy x6

The Idea of this deck is to attack my opponents bench using Glaciate, Core Cannon, and Tromp, targeting the smaller pokemon. To get Core Cannon working properly I need to be moving as much energy as I can onto it, hence the Exp. Shares
This is my main deck. It's competitive, but doesn't win consistantly, and outright dies to any deck running Mewtwo EX. I have included the Bouffalants to try and counter Mewtwo but Im not certian this will work.

Any help is appreciated.
Cheers
Jimmy

Nice idea. I would - for energies - run just:
4 WLFM
4 {F}
4 {W}

With the extra 6 spaces add Catcher (3) and rare candy (3). Then you may remove 2 Boldores and add another Catcher. Also switch will be needed with the high retreat cost of Gigalith.

Flygon2071 said:
Nice idea. I would - for energies - run just:
4 WLFM
4 {F}
4 {W}

With the extra 6 spaces add Catcher (3) and rare candy (3). Then you may remove 2 Boldores and add another Catcher. Also switch will be needed with the high retreat cost of Gigalith.

Yeah I would Love to add rare candys If i could lay my hands on them. Same with Catchers.
Never really thought about adding switch though. Thanks for that.

Thanks for the advice

Cheers
Jimmy

Nice idea, try this
- 2 boldores
- 1 kyurem
- 4 great ball
- 2 potion
- 1 or 2 level ball (test to see which one you find better)
- 4 dce
- 3 fighting energy
- 3 water energy

That's 19-20 free spots, I will add-in the followings
+ 1-2 Terrakion EX *
+ 1-2 Landorus EX *
+ 3 Heavy Ball
+ 4 Switch
+ 2-3 Energy Switch *
+ 3 rare candy
+ 3 catcher
+ 1 Cilan
+ 1 gold potion

The 3 * above, if you use 1 Terrakion EX, 1 Landorus EX and 2 Energy Switch, then you can have 1-2 free spot.
In this case, try Random receivers to help you get supporters.

I see one of your worry about mewtwo, Bouffalant are good, however bouff ATK requires 3 energies, which create a easy knock for mewtwo.

Mine wont be the best idea, but I believe this will increase the speed for you to set up the cannon.

-4 Anything

+4 Pokemon Catcher

You have to run catchers. Minimum of 3, but they HAVE to be there.

He said he doesn't have Catchers.

I would take out Bouffalant for Mewtwo. Isn't this Gigalith the one that loads up on energies? Metwo is going to wreck you, and you already run the DCE's.

Mora said:
I would take out Bouffalant for Mewtwo. Isn't this Gigalith the one that loads up on energies? Metwo is going to wreck you, and you already run the DCE's.

Yeah It is the Gigalith your thinking of. And your right, Mewtwo EX destroys me. I can't really deal with it. As for running it myself, I'd prefer not. To me, adding it is a last resort.

Terrakion EX Im not sold on. It's pumped up smash attack could be useful but atm Im not sure.

Landorus EX would be beautiful for this deck. Im trying to trade for 1.

Again Catcher and Candy I know need to be here, Just don't have them, No one has spares for trade.

Never thought aout gold potion. Could be really useful.

Cheers
Jimmy

This is a combonation Bump and Update. Taken into consideration the cards recomended here is my new decklist:

Pokemon:
Groudon EX x1
3-1-3 Gigalith (Noble Victories Version w/ Core Cannon)
Kyurem x3
Bouffalant x1 (Dragons Exalted)
Landorus EX x1
Registeel EX x1
T/S/S:
Cheren x2
N x4
Cilan x1
Colress x2
Skyla x1
Potion x1
Exp. Share x4
Heavy Ball x4
Level Ball x2
Energy Retrevial x2
Pokemon Catcher x1
Rare Candy x3
Gold Potion x1
Energy Switch x2
Switch x2

Energy:
Blend Energy WLFM x4
DCE x2
Fighting Energy x6
Water energy x2

The strategy remains the same, just with more outlets now. I am aware that I need atleast one more Catcher but I just can't find one. Working with what I've got and all of that. Again all advice is appreciated.

Cheers
Jareth

Back