Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Regigigas EX

Votes: 7 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trexroarr

Aspiring Trainer
So I thought it would be fun to see which of the new BW Pokemon EX everyone thinks is the best, or is their favorite.

Mewtwo EX
Kyurem EX
Regigigas EX

Mewtwo is one of my favorite Pokemon, so I gotta go with him lol. Regigigas is PROBABLY going to be the most playable. It's Raging Hammer attack is like Reshiram's and Zekrom's Outrage, but on steroids!

DISCUSS! :D

I think its a bit early to discuss this, as Noble Victories hasn't came out yet, but so far Mewtwo is the best, because of its great attacks. Kyruem will most likely be the worst, because its attacks cost too many energy. Regigigas is ok, and will most likely see play.

So far I really like Kyurem because the card has epic artwork! That might change when Reshiram and Zekrom EX are released.

I really like M]mewtwo ex

great attacks and the energy required isn't too much for the damage output. Also the artwork on mewtwo looks great.

We're discussing this already? Only 3 EX's have been revealed...

And Mewtwo is the only one that can be relatively good (Regigigas though...hm).

Maybe we should wait until we know what the other 3 EX's are before we start out pointless, baseless theorymon :p

But anyway of these 3, Regigas already has the best niche in the meta as an alternate to Zekrom in Vileplume/Reuniclus. However, it will be a 1-of at best because it takes so many energy to attack when compared to Zekrom. The only plus it has is you can put more damage on it and it doesn't get Donphan'd right after you stick damage on it.

But metagame aside, Mewtwo is easily the most powerful. Let's be honest - they all suck. But at least Mewtwo has an acceptable retreat cost in exchange for 10 less HP and the first attack is pretty good considering you just have to pop a DCE on it. However, it has no support or acceleration to let it use its second attack. If we get something to help it out more, it will easily be the best. It just needs psychic acceleration really.

^For the record, it does have some theorymon-ish acceleration. Use Jirachi CoL for Stardust Song, hopefully get some heads, and Shaymin them onto Mewtwo. But in reality it won't get you very many T1 Psycho Drives. But it does have alot of support in theory. But Mewtwo is the most playable. Anything with DCE can use it, and even decks without DCE can use it.

But Gigas is the most beastly of the 3 released so far. Its probably the best tank in the format right now.

And what are the other 3? I know about Reshiram and Zekrom EX, what is the last one that has to be released yet?

Regigigas' problem is that it really doesn't have great attacks to make up for the 2 prize cards being taken when it's KO'd. Sure, it has nice HP, but 4 energy is pretty steep for an attack that isn't great.

Just to let you know, there are 3 ex's that we know the attacks of (Kyruem, Mewtwo, and Gigas), and we have pictures of the art of Reshiram and Zekrom. Those are the only ones that have been released.

Also, the Shaymin Jirachi system is inconsistent, and relies on flips.

Unless they pull a surprise on us it's possibly (and boy do I stress that it's a possibility only right now) going to be 3 EX per set (so 6 all up for the Psycho Blizzard combination). Gallade/Gardevoir likely for Hail Blizzard, and two unknown entrants in Psycho Drive.

ReshiramEX and ZekromEX do not count in this possibility since they're the October block decks, ergo not set cards.

glaceon said:
I think its a bit early to discuss this, as Noble Victories hasn't came out yet
...you know that the EXs won't come out in Noble Victories, right?

But on topic, I'd have to go with Gigas. It can use the Shaymin/Pachirisu engine and can abuse DCE to hit fast and hard.

Pokefan4000 said:
...you know that the EXs won't come out in Noble Victories, right?

But on topic, I'd have to go with Gigas. It can use the Shaymin/Pachirisu engine and can abuse DCE to hit fast and hard.

Yes, I was saying the set before the ex's hasn't even come out, which is why it's early to discuss this.

Gigas is ok, but the ZPS engine is flippy (I've tested ZPS for 3 months). DCE will really help get the T1 Gigas though. Still, 80 damage isn't that much. It still will most likely score a ko, but then Donphan can counter with a 120-80, and Gigas can't ko Donphan in return.

glaceon said:
Still, 80 damage isn't that much. It still will most likely score a ko, but then Donphan can counter with a 120-80, and Gigas can't ko Donphan in return.
After an Earthquake, Regigigas will have 12 damage counter on it. That means 170 damage with its second attack. Even after you factor in Donphan's Poke-Body, that's still more than enough to kill off Donphan. Whereas Donphan can't OHKO Regigigas unless it uses Heavy Impact.

Gigas uses attack that puts 20 on it, 160 left. Donphan catchers and KOs. Gigas KOs Donphan, putting 20 more on itself. Donphan then can use a PP to ko Gigas, while Gigas can't return the knockout on Donphan. Donphan should never earthquake a Gigas with no energy.

glaceon said:
Gigas uses attack that puts 20 on it, 160 left. Donphan catchers and KOs. Gigas KOs Donphan, putting 20 more on itself. Donphan then can use a PP to ko Gigas, while Gigas can't return the knockout on Donphan. Donphan should never earthquake a Gigas with no energy.

What? EQ with weakness only does 120, and Donphan rarely if ever bothers charging up Heavy Impact because Donphan decks in general don't run enough energy to lose 3 with every KO. Also, Gigas is best run with the support engine of Vileplume and Reuniclus, and using that they can prevent enough damage from getting on Gigas to prevent a KO, and you can't catcher around Gigas.

"Hey everybody, let's use Gigas against Donphan! We just have to let them use their 1-energy attack and then we can KO them back. Then they will promote another and kill us, removing 2 DCE from the board and taking 2 prizes! Good idea! Good idea!"

Is that really what I'm hearing people say in this thread? :p

@Darkvoid- In the stage 1 mirror, if they let you get 3 energy on your Donphan without damaging it, you almost always have game.

Not at all. I simply made a comment about Gigas, then glaceon came in and said Donphan OHKOs with Earthquake (because it apparently does 80 damage without weakness, who would have guessed) after Gigas's first attack.

I understand that Donphan is a good counter, but in dire situations, Gigas EX can kill it off. I'm not even implying that Gigas EX is a good counter, because it's not. I'm just saying it can kill a Donphan before the Donphan kills it.

I never said the Donphan matchup was a good one for Gigas. I just said it didn't suck because you can use Reuniclus Vileplume to keep the opponent from getting enough damage on Gigas for the KO. You hit it with the first attack, they hit you, reuniclus moves the damage away, then you hit then with the first attack for the KO and you only have 20 on Gigas, not enough to be revenge KOed. Sure, you need amazing damage sponges on the bench, but with extra Gigas and Zekrom/Reshiram that shouldn't be a problem. Gigas can work around Donphan, which isn't going to be as popular anyway with Cyrogonal out. Speaking of Cyrogonal, that greatly improves the Donphan matchup. If your opponent sees a Cyrogonal on your bench they may think twice before tossing 3 energy on a Donphan that can be revenge KOed the next turn. Since as of now there is no fighting accelerator a Donphan player may not be able to afford losing 3 turns of attachments in 1 blow with Gigas 2HKOing the rest of their Donphan.

Krogynal is just hype. It takes a specific type of energy and furthermore, it takes 2 energy. It will have some niche in the meta, but I'm very doubtful it will be popular seeing as a good part of the deck has to be built around it. Kyurem makes for a much stronger deck and counters Donphan just as well if not better.

Celebi23 said:
Krogynal is just hype. It takes a specific type of energy and furthermore, it takes 2 energy. It will have some niche in the meta, but I'm very doubtful it will be popular seeing as a good part of the deck has to be built around it. Kyurem makes for a much stronger deck and counters Donphan just as well if not better.

Agreed on both parts. Cryogonal's water energy cost will hinder its playability and prevent it from being splashed in any deck that is weak to donphan. While you could still run rainbow energy or some water energy, it does cause part of your deck to cater for 1 card only.

Kyurem is much more splashable, as you only need to ever use outrage to KO a donphan. With an earthquake, it one shots back. They can catcher around it, but this cannot be done in trainer lock, and there will come a time when they run out or can't draw into them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back