Best Delphox Moveset?

CharizardX12

Aspiring Trainer
Hello! I have male Delphox with a Careful nature and I'm not sure what moves are best for him. He currently has all Sp. Attack moves and I don't think it's very good. Can someone please help me?

Delphox:

Ability -Blaze
HP-231
Attack-163
Defense-144
Sp.Atk-193
Sp.Def-225
Speed-228

Best Delphox Moveset I came across would be this one:

Delphox @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature (+ Speed / - ATK)
EV's: 252 Sp. ATK, 252 Speed, 4 Sp. DEF

* Fire Blast
* Psyshock
* Grass Knot
* Calm Mind

Ability - Blaze

Ironically enough this Delphox moveset is quite similar to the one for my Alakazam in Gen V with Focus Sash and Magic Guard. Focus Blast would've been a viable option over Calm Mind for Delphox which it isn't able to learn for coverage against Dark Types aside from Grass Knot which covers it's weakness to Water, Ground, Rock, and anything else that Fire is weak towards.

I wouldn't bother with Delphox's hidden ability Magician since it does next to nothing against Mega Stone's although it does come in handy against Choice Item users to help counter against Choice Band Scizor and Choice Scarf Heracross which can one shot Delphox using STAB Megahorn and U-Turn respectively If left unchecked. Focus Sash with Blaze can work wonders for Delphox adding more damage with a STAB Fire Blast.

I would strongly recommend breeding IV's in Sp. ATK, Sp. DEF, and Speed for your Delphox as well. It shouldn't be too hard to accomplish with Destiny Knot making it much easier to breed an offspring with 4 or more IV's in their stats and also make sure to check with the Stats Judge for your IV's in Kiloude City. Delphox is unable to learn Focus Blast so you're better off with Calm Mind instead.

Back