Best sleeves for me?

GHJamesGH

Retired Mod
I'm looking for sleeves that don't break easily and dont peel. I'm pretty aggressive with my shuffling too. What kind of sleeves would be best for me?

I know this post will be disagreed with, but...

KMC or Player's Choice are the best sleeves on the market. They're quality sleeves, and also aren't really more expensive than anything else. You may not be able to find them in your local gaming shop, but I'm sure they could order them, and if not they're available online. Go with these, and you won't be disappointed, I guarantee you. I've had a pack of the Peal White standard size (make sure you get standard size for Pokemon) for nearly a year, and not one has broken/peeled, and I've had to replace one because the corner was bent.

Below that, Dragon Shields are also okay. They're probably the "tier 2" sleeves, lol. Solid choices, but definitely not as good as KMC or Player's Choice.

Anything outside of those three brands (besides Professor sleeves) is garbage.

phoenix11032 said:
most of the pokemons sleeves are junk. the separate into 2 after few times of use.

Only HSU and SV ones do, I have also heard great things about Dragon Guard sleeves.

Some of the Pokemon sleeves are quality, but most are rather fragile.

Lucario, Rotom, Regigigas, and the Professor sleeves are generally regarded as quality, but others such as the Garchomp, Lugia/Ho-Oh, and Arceus sleeves have been known to split/peel rather easily, which is sad as some of them are very nice looking.

Really, I would be hesistant to use many of the Pokemon sleeves in a larger tournament (States and higher), as durability definitely becomes an issue after 7 rounds of play and a top cut.

Vulpix Yolk said:
Only HSU and SV ones do, I have also heard great things about Dragon Guard sleeves.

ughhh no....The DP and one other one were the only good ones. MT,SW,and MD peel like crazy.

You probably wont buy them, but: http://www.hardrock-pokemon.com/image/cache/Pokemon-Tournament-Pikachu-Silver-DeckSleeves-250x250.jpg best sleeves on the market, I'm an aggressive shuffler and they last 4 like 3-5 big tournaments(regs/nats/worlds)

I just use penny sleeves because cards are too expensive, but I think you should use the DP sleeves. Some cards I got off eBay came w/them, and they look great and pretty durable.

I still use the DP sleeves at league, I got them at the release of DP, and none of them are peeling yet, I recommend those.

Dragon Shield are definetly my pick. They come in most solid colors. As long as you don't get white, they don't mark easily. I'm very agressive with my shuffling. A pack of Dragon Shield (100 sleeves) will last me a whole season. I bought a set of pink dragon shields at worlds, and they're still perfect (all 100 of them). They go for about $8 for a set of 100 which is fine. You'll save money in the end.

What ever you do, don't use those free sleeves. I haven't had a pack of 60 last me an entire tournament yet. If you don't like solid colors, you can get those japanese sleeves (62 sleeves in a pack). They have shaymin, pikachu, etc on them. Very durable though expensive.

I have the same problem since I'm a bad shuffler that shuffles the perfect way for cards to split. At league I mainly use the HGSS sleeves since I don't want to wreck any decent sleeves before a tourney , but it's getting more annoying and harder to do. I do have connections at my league though to get those really good japanese sleeves for a reasonable price.

^^ Ultra pro sleeves are FANTASTIC. Mat back Ultra pro sleeves are pro. The gloss backs aren't as good, but the mat backs are very good. They don't peel really, and they can withstand plenty of aggro shuffling. And they come in Yellow, Orange, Pink, Blue, Green, Red, White, and I think even black. So...

#1weavile said:
ughhh no...The DP and one other one were the only good ones. MT,SW,and MD peel like crazy.
Agreed. The DP ones are GREAT, as are the Regigigas as someone mentioned. I've had my Lucario (DP) ones for about two years and they're still in very good shape.

The Regigigas, Dusknoir, and Lucario PR Sleeves are the only good ones they ever made. :\

I like Dragon Shields myself, due to the fact that you get 100, and they're very good, but Ultra Pro sleeves are pretty good too.

Back