Best sleeves for me?

Ultra Pro sleeves are absolutely terrible. Pretty much the worst sleeve you can buy, besides maybe some janky brands. If you want sleeves that are quality and will hold up, do not buy UP.

I would recomend either the stormfront sleeves, japanese sleeves or the professor sleeves those are really durable.

The ultra pros are really smooth but splits very very easily.

The ultra pros I buy are really good I have not had one peel yet or at least the kind I get don't. But I think that the Arcues sleeves are the best IDK about DP SW and the older sets

T

Ultra Pro makes all the POP stuff iirc, or at least most of them. They make good sleeves, and as was said, the matte backs work better longterm. I'm using the POP Unleashed sleeves, since I just got back into the game at the pre, and they hold up fine so far. Dragon Shields suck, btw, they break on me as often as penny sleeves.

Ultra Pro made DP-MD. What do you know, a lot of those are the best PR sleeves.

kwisdumb said:
I know this post will be disagreed with, but...

KMC or Player's Choice are the best sleeves on the market. They're quality sleeves, and also aren't really more expensive than anything else. You may not be able to find them in your local gaming shop, but I'm sure they could order them, and if not they're available online. Go with these, and you won't be disappointed, I guarantee you. I've had a pack of the Peal White standard size (make sure you get standard size for Pokemon) for nearly a year, and not one has broken/peeled, and I've had to replace one because the corner was bent.

Below that, Dragon Shields are also okay. They're probably the "tier 2" sleeves, lol. Solid choices, but definitely not as good as KMC or Player's Choice.

Anything outside of those three brands (besides Professor sleeves) is garbage.

I disagree.

A few of my KMC sleeves are tearing at the bottom, and I'm not that rough on them. I've only used them for a few months or so -- I haven't had to replace a single one of my Dragonshields that I've used for the last year at least.

Yeah, I mean, I dunno. That's good that your DS ones are still solid, weird that your KMC ones are ripping. I'm just basing my opinions off of what I've seen IRL. Dragon Shields definitely aren't bad sleeves at all, it's just in my experience of playing card games they're second to KMC/PC any day.

i recommend the platinum sleeve because my mom has been using them for about a year and they almost never got torn.

ive been using ultra pro for about a month an a half now

and they arnt lasting, already ive had about 5 or 6 split
and almost every corner is bent
in fact the only 2 that arnt are the 2 i replaced yesterday, cause they split

but after reading this, has anyone had problems with player's choice?

Spidy Freakshow said:
ive been using ultra pro for about a month an a half now

and they arnt lasting, already ive had about 5 or 6 split
and almost every corner is bent
in fact the only 2 that arnt are the 2 i replaced yesterday, cause they split

but after reading this, has anyone had problems with player's choice?

I got some players choice the other day and they are amazing. Best sleeves I've ever bought.

Ultra Pro matt grey ones are OK, I suppose. I've had them for like a year and had like 2-3 rips, but I suck at shuffling so that would happen anyway, even with titanium sleeves.
I like Dragon Shields, but whether they're legal is really tricky, some reflect a bit too much. I would not recommend this for tournament play for that reason.

piplup234 said:
You probably wont buy them, but: http://www.hardrock-pokemon.com/image/cache/Pokemon-Tournament-Pikachu-Silver-DeckSleeves-250x250.jpg best sleeves on the market, I'm an aggressive shuffler and they last 4 like 3-5 big tournaments(regs/nats/worlds)

Lol... I saw this post and went and bought some of these. Thanks for the recomendation

personally i think RR sleeves are the best, you can pretty much bang them on a table and they will look good as new

GHJamesGH said:
I'm looking for sleeves that don't break easily and don't peel. I'm pretty aggressive with my shuffling too. What kind of sleeves would be best for me?

Pokemon official sleeves. Not the one's at the prerelease. They look like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pokemon-Diamond-Pearl-Deck-Protectors-50-Sleeves-/110540813563?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19bcbef4fb

I use them all the time, they are the most hardcore sleeves I have. They don't show markings, they barely bend on the corners upon lots of use, and the only downside is that they are hard to shuffle, but if you're an aggressive shuffler, these are great sleeves.

Back