BW/BW2 Best way to earn cash, etc...

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer
Well, in the BW guide I'm following, the writer gave the ideia of fighting Roggenrola in Wellspring cave, stealing their Everstones with Thief (since 50% of them hold an Everstone), and selling the Everstones to the stone collector in Icirrus (1000$ each).
The thing is, I'll run into Woobat 50% of the time, plus even selling them to the collector doesn't give a lot of money... Does anyone has a better ideia?

Also, is there a way to consistently get Evo stones? Not counting the dustclouds cuz all i've found are gems and even then, I have to waste tons of super repels for the dustclouds to appear without running into wild pokémon... and together with the surfacing fish thing, those methods for catching rare pokémon suck. The shaking grass, not so much cuz I just run nearby the grass and it usually doesn't take long for the grass to shake and a lot of times, I find those rarer pokémon, but the fishing and surfing are a freakin' pain...

I have to say, I'm a bit frustrated with BW... In Platinum, if I wanted evo stones, I went to the Underground and I used to dug tons and tons of evo stones, If I wanted Heart Scales, same thing. When I needed cash, I'd just have to battle the socialite and the other old man in Route 212 (north) for tons of money... and the rarer pokémon could be found easier with the Pokéradar... that's why I think Platinum is the best game for now...

To consistently get Evo stones: If you have Black City, certain NPCs make certain evolution stones available for purchase in the shops at $10000 a pop. Thing is, you'll need to interact with other Black City/White Forest to get different people, as you can only have 10 there at one time.

As for money, there is the Riches sidequest. The boy in the villa outside of Undella Town will challenge you, and he gives $12000 when defeated. He can be rematched the next day, and each time you challenge him to a rematch, a new family member will appear, who is slightly stronger and gives $200 more than the last one. This cycle continues until you battle and defeat the 6th member, who has $13000, and after that you can't fight them anymore. With Amulet Coin that makes a lot of money.

Oh yeah, and Abyssal Ruins. You can easily rack up 2 million out of the stuff you find in there.

Oh, I have White... But I pretend to buy Black too so, that's okay... but the stones are kinda expensive there...
Regarding the money, I was aware of the 2nd method. But I haven't done those quests yet plus, you do them and that's it, you can't do them again and if I need to buy expensive things like vitamins, the money will eventually end... Like I said, it would be good if the game had the vs. seeker and we could battle rich trainers or something...
thanx anyway

I've been doing that challenge rock thing too in pinwheel forest that gives star pieces but that's just once a day...

I recommend what DNA said about the Riches side quest. You call also do that classic Elite Four training and get 10000 per person each time. Amulet coin = 20000 per person and about 30000 for Alder. So altogether, you would get about 111000. You can also try the Nimbasa City Sports Domes. I train there all the time and each person gives you about 3000. Some of the athletes give you about 7000, so the amulet coin works there too. Hope this helped.

yeah, I've thought of the sports dome but my pokémon are still in the low 50s... I have to train them more before I start beating the stronger trainers...

Oh, I see. Well perhaps try training around Giant Chasm until they get a bit higher, then train at the sports domes, then later on try Cynthia/Elite Four/Morimoto.

yea the methods these guy's above posted are the most basic and profitable but I don't rly need money cus my pokemon were always at a higher level than my opponents which mean't I could wait until the battle is over so I could go to the poke centre which is why I have about 1.5 million.

After beating the E4, you can rematch all the trainers in the sports arena daily. The sports players give you a bit over 6000 each and you can face 6 of them a day. There will also be other people there who give you a couple thousand and occasionally a rich boy or a lady or a socialite or something who will give upwards of 10000.

Back