Best way to get cards.

EastbayTrainer

Ill battle if you dance
Okay well voer the time of collecting vie still been looking for the best way to get cards. should i Use
Ebay?
just keep mail trading? ( but its to slow )
online websites ( what are some good ones )
buy packs?
Steal packs?
IDK cause it seems that i can never get what im looking for how im doing it right now

i havent really bought pokemon cards yet(but i am gona start buying more) but from knowledge of the games i do play ebay ends up the cheapest.
but if u can find a good website that sells that is good too.

EastbayTrainer said:
Okay well voer the time of collecting vie still been looking for the best way to get cards. should I Use
Ebay?
buy packs?
Steal packs?
IDK cause it seems that I can never get what im looking for how im doing it right now

Yes, you should steal the packs. It's obviously a reasonable solution.

Assuming you'd like to err away from illegal activities, I think buying off eBay is the best way to get the exact cards you need.

eBay can add up the $$$ pretty quickly though, I spent $498 in 30min the other day :O

I wish I had 400 plus dollers :(.

Rite aid iv gotten some pretty good cards there (sense there the only place to buy cards where I live)

EastbayTrainer said:
Okay well voer the time of collecting vie still been looking for the best way to get cards. should I Use
Ebay?
buy packs?
Steal packs?
IDK cause it seems that I can never get what im looking for how im doing it right now

I hope you were just kidding. =|

Instead of wasting money and buying single packs, save up and buy boxes. If you still don't get what you want, save up more and buy the actual card you need.

Buying EVERY single card you need to make deck would probably add up more than a box.

George2FRESH said:
Buying EVERY single card you need to make deck would probably add up more than a box.

It does. But do you get what you want when you want it? No.

(actually, if it weren't for the massive shipping costs to Australia...)

Collectible stores have great holo singles. There's one where we live that has endless boxes of cards. :p

Don't buy Pokemon cards at Flea Markets. We went to this shop and they had DP cards in power keepers packs, and they had the inside holo effect on a MT Dewgong. :/

Go to events and trade.

Buy cards online, I know Pokeorder and Toywiz, never bought of them but they look reputable!
Note:
Ebay isn't always the safest option: Conmen, Fake cards, Not so good condition, etc.
[I bought three tins of what I believe to be fake cards ;_;]
For mail order if you buy more than one card the seller/trader could agree to send it by express post [If that's what you call it].
And finally stealing. It's not what Pokémon is about, We're not Rocket Grunts eh ;P

Divine_Light said:
Go to events and trade.

Buy cards online, I know Pokeorder and Toywiz, never bought of them but they look reputable!
Note:
Ebay isn't always the safest option: Conmen, Fake cards, Not so good condition, etc.
[I bought three tins of what I believe to be fake cards ;_;]
For mail order if you buy more than one card the seller/trader could agree to send it by express post [If that's what you call it].
And finally stealing. It's not what Pokémon is about, We're not Rocket Grunts eh ;P

In terms of eBay, that's your fault for not doing the proper research. Hint: If you're worried about being scammed, buy from big name card sellers.

I would say a mix of everything would be the best way to get cards. You buy packs for the commons and uncommons you need. Then trade and or use Ebay to get the other cards you need.

Prerelease you can get a ton of cards from the newest set for a good discount. Trade what you don't want or need.

In terms of eBay, that's your fault for not doing the proper research. Hint: If you're worried about being scammed, buy from big name card sellers.

Yeah, definitely. Just keep an eye out and ask the seller questions. I saw a non-holo Dialga Lv.X the other day on eBay (It had a yellow border) and I told the seller. They responded back like they didn't know anything about it. Later that week they had 3-4 more copies up. Watch these people, and know your cards.

eBay is a really great place to buy singles you need. If you don't want to buy a box, or if it is really hard to get a certian card...(like Leafeon Lv.X) then eBay is the place to go.

I also encourage you to look into buying booster packs off eBay, usually, if you are going to be buying more than a few packs, then you could save quite a bit of money. Boxes are fairly reasonable on there too. I buy all of my Packs off eBay now, from trusted sellers, and they come straight to my mailbox. Haven't bought from a grocery store in a long time.

Back