Big Basics (Landorus EX / Tornadus EX / Mewtwo EX)

How many people were playing it then? FluffyChomp had tons of T4 placings at BR's but it wasn't good...

Garbo/Basics is better against everything except this. In my regionals, I faced a guy who was running Lugia EX/Colress Machine/Plasma/Prisms instead of Tornadus EX and basic energy

SheNinja said:
How many people were playing it then?
Checkout Pokegym.net's Tournament Results Forum (State) and you'll see the lists there.

DrunkSpinda said:
Garbo/Basics is better against everything except this. In my regionals, I faced a guy who was running Lugia EX/Colress Machine/Plasma/Prisms instead of Tornadus EX and basic energy
Garbo w/Big Basics also has a tough matchup against just Big Basics, because the player running Garbo has about 8+ "dead" cards in his/her hand.

I know that. You'll always end up with garbos/trubish stuck on your hand. But still, I think that it pays off running them because it gives you an upper hand against everything else

That's not entirely true. Garbodor is very tight on space, less consistent, and often doesn't have room for tech cards like Max Potion (which is a big deal). Since people are beginning to tech Tool Scrapper in almost everything, there's something to be said for not running the garbage man and simply focusing on a more consistent deck that has room for techs. There's a reason this deck has the most state top cuts, many more than Garbodor does.

Float Stone makes it not get Catcher-Stalled. Rescue Scarf makes it go back to your hand if KO'ed.

SheNinja said:
Float Stone makes it not get Catcher-Stalled. Rescue Scarf makes it go back to your hand if KO'ed.

Chances are good that if they Catcher Garbodor, it's because they can KO it.

Orrrrr, they are Catcher-Stalling, then they are desperate and just stalling. The Tools after Freeze imo should be 3 Stone, 3 Scarf, 2 Eviolite.

So whats everybody's pokemon line in this deck? I really undecided on how many Landorus/Tornadus I should run in this deck

I usually go 3 Tornadus. 3 Lando, 2 Mewtwo, 2 Bouff. Tornadus is amazing in nearly every matchup, so I prefer it over a 3rd Mewtwo.

Will this deck be good by the time Nationals rolls by? I want to know if I should buy the cards now.

Impossible to know. We aren't even sure of what cards are in Plasma Freeze yet, and we don't know what will be popular or what will be successful. My prediction is that the deck will need a serious makeover if it wants to adapt to a Blastoise and PlasmaBox filled format, but again, who knows.

Thunderus > Tornadus
Kyurem > Landorus
Deoxys > Mewtwo

Not looking good so far.
But yeah, its unpredictable this early.

Thundurus EX. Need I say more? The attack is risky because it takes so many resources to hit for decent damage, and you can't use it as a lead because Thundurus EX leads will demolish it.

You can't really tech in Plasmas/Colress Machine. Ruins consistency, unless your running Lugia/Landorus, in which you would want to use Landorus early.

Back