BW/BW2 Black Vs White : Technology Vs Legendary

kidz_

Aspiring Trainer
Looking at the 2 mascot, i kinda feel they look very similar to each other. Well... similar as in the shape in general. But as many pointed out, the white mascot looks more angelic, spiritual while the Black mascot looks more mechanical.

Thus I kinda have this wild guess the story line could be something like human being trying to create an artificial pokemon to rival a legendary pokemon. The man-made pokemon models after the legendary, but the fine parts are all machines and thus the observed differences. Furthermore the cities talks a lot about modern stuffs.. thus the guess.. maybe they are advance enough to think they can create pokemon, but realize they have created chaos..

As for the type, for the black mascot, it feels like it shud well be dragon-metal but that has already been for dalgia, so unlike.. general guesses are dragon-light vs dragon-dark

But i dun mind having dragon-fire vs dragon-ice.. white flame and dark chilly ice..

Interesting ideas! I like the machine idea for Zekrom, it definitely has that vibe, and there really aren't enough techno-looking Pokémon.

I don't think they'll have secondary types that could trump the other, ie. fire/ice, I think they'll be sufficiently different that they don't give one an advantage over the other with their secondary typing.

Pokemancer said:
Interesting ideas! I like the machine idea for Zekrom, it definitely has that vibe, and there really aren't enough techno-looking Pokémon.

I don't think they'll have secondary types that could trump the other, ie. fire/ice, I think they'll be sufficiently different that they don't give one an advantage over the other with their secondary typing.

Right, I believe that was the main reason they made Lugia a {P} type instead of {W}.

I also like the idea for a Poke trying to be created but it gets out of control, except it's very similar to the story of Mewtwo...

Redneck said:
Right, I believe that was the main reason they made Lugia a {P} type instead of {W}.

I also like the idea for a Poke trying to be created but it gets out of control, except it's very similar to the story of Mewtwo...
Agreed to the first although I'd somehow forgotten Kyogre and Groudon.

As to the similarities to Mewtwo, I don't think the message that man's arrogance creates many problems is something that cannot be repeated. :) It's a common theme in sci-fi.

I like the idea of Zekrom being a machine of Reshiram but as Redneck says it's pretty close to the mewtwo story line.

The story lines of black and white are very different apparently so we'll just have to wait and see. :)

Nice ideas! If Zekrom is Electric, then it will surely be a machine or something. Maybe a machine that generates elecrecity.

A series of fanfics I've been working on for the past few years involves a man-made legendary versus an ancient creature born from dark memories, so it wouldn't surprise me if there's a similar idea that's going to be applied to Zekrom and Reshiram in the next gen games. Actually, I'd like to say its about time Game Freak started thinking a little more out of the box instead of using legendaries that are (supposedly) ancient creatures that have been sleeping or hiding from the world for eons like they have been for the past three gens.

Pokemancer said:
Agreed to the first although I'd somehow forgotten Kyogre and Groudon.

As to the similarities to Mewtwo, I don't think the message that man's arrogance creates many problems is something that cannot be repeated. :) It's a common theme in sci-fi.

Well I think they made it that way to explain why there is more sea than there is land.

~~~

Anyways back on topic,

I think that's another good theory. One team believes in true pokemon while the other team believe they are imperfected. They then decide to make their own perfect Pokemon and get Zekrom. They may also have it be that they are the same group who created Porygon and Mewtwo to give it some more emphasis. That's be a pretty interesting storyline I think.

LegendaryGarchomp said:
I think that's another good theory. One team believes in true pokemon while the other team believe they are imperfected. They then decide to make their own perfect Pokemon and get Zekrom. They may also have it be that they are the same group who created Porygon and Mewtwo to give it some more emphasis. That's be a pretty interesting storyline I think.

I think Team Rocket made Mewtwo. That's not 100% so don't hate me if it's wrong.

LegendaryGarchomp said:
Well I think they made it that way to explain why there is more sea than there is land.

~~~

Anyways back on topic,

I love that idea! And it'd be a good way to introduce a steel eveeloution, like they made a robotic version of eevee or something.

Tangrowth said:
I love that idea! And it'd be a good way to introduce a steel eveeloution, like they made a robotic version of eevee or something.
Anyone remember XD: Gale of Darkness? Robo-Groudon and Robo-Kyogre, anyone? Buehler? Buehler?
ANYWAY, this would be a good way to progress AND tie in a couple different regions (Orre, Kanto) together - Maybe gene/computer research from Kanto/Mewtwo/Porygon lead to the research which provided the ideas behind the Robos in XD and someone got ahold of all previous research and have created the new ones (Zekrom/Steevee/etc.).

Is everyone kidding? They'd never do anything that in depth. The closest they made to a legendary artificial pokemon was Mewtwo, and that was 4 generations ago.

Well, I was mostly kidding, though the fact that the trainers aren't 10-11 years old anymore is a positive sign that maybe, MAYBE, they're going to broaden the depth of the story. A little more work on Colosseum and XD would've made them solidly in the upper echelon of my favorite games - as it is, I have enjoyed both greatly.
Besides, one can dream, yes? :)

another thought.. assuming zekrom is electric and the other is fire.. these 2 r also 2 main sources of power in our daily life

fire : represents the ancient and also most natural use of fuel for energy/power, e.g. coal, petrol, gas..

electricity : represents human technology in creating energy, electric generator, batteries etc.etc..

Apollo the Incinermyn said:
Its about time Game Freak started thinking a little more out of the box instead of using legendaries that are (supposedly) ancient creatures that have been sleeping or hiding from the world for eons like they have been for the past three gens.

Actually, all the legendaries have been there forever. It's just that the legends and myths about these pokemon have not spread beyond the region in which the pokemon inhabit or are associated with.

Back