• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Blastoise Deck+Darkrai Deck

zWouter

Aspiring Trainer
Hey, i need help on 2 decks i've been working on.

DARKRAI
Pokemon = 9

3- Darkrai EX
2- Terrakion
3- Sableye

T/S/S = 38

4- Professor Juniper
2- Cheren
2- N
2- Random Receiver
3- Dark Patch
3- Crushing Hammers
3- Pokemon Catchers
3- Ultra Ball
3- Energy Switch
2- Dark Claw
2- Enhanced Hammers
1- Super Rod
1- Tool Scrapper
1- Computer Search
3- Skyla

3- PHB

Energy = 13

9- Dark
4- Fighting

BLASTOISE
Pokémon= 13
4-0-3 Blastoise
2 Mewtwo EX
3 Keldeo EX
1 Keldeo BCR 47

Energy= 12
12 {W}

T/S/S= 36
3 Skyla
4 Colress
3 N
3 Energy Retrieval
1 Tool Scrapper
3 Ultra Ball
4 Rare Candy
4 Catcher
1 Super Rod
1 Level Ball
1 Heavy Ball
3 Max Potion
1 Computer Search
3 PHB

Darkrai
-1 Sableye. 3 is fine
-2 Cheren

+2 Skyla. Start searching out your items immediatly.
+1 Computer Search. I'm sure you just forgot

Blastoise/Keldeo
-3 Pokemon Communication. I don't like this as much as straight search.
-1 Mewtwo EX. 2 is a good number, not so many you start with them and not so few you lose in mewtwo wars.
-3 DCE. If they get you X-ball donks enough to seem worth it then ok, but I don't like running them in this.

+3 N. Gotta have those Ns
+1 Level Ball & +1 Heavy Ball. Having one offs of these lets you skyla for either a squirtle or a blastoise if you need them.
+3 Super Scoop Up. This card is perfect in Blastoise/Keldeo Decks, you pick up either a damaged Keldeo or a Mewtwo you put too much energy on and put it back with no damage and can all the energy. Plus, then Keldeo can just rush back in. It's like a Max Potion, Switch, and Energy retreival all in one.
+1 Computer Search. I'm sure you just forgot

And I don't think you're supposed to make threads with more then 1 deck in them, just warning you before this thread is probably locked.

^^ SSU ruins consistency IMO. you also need more than 12 water. 13-14 is better. Also if you can get ahold of it, Tropical Beach is killer in Keldeo

Thank you very much Violet :), edited the decks.

@exdarkrai, Trop Beach is too much, it's worth more than both these decks.

Should i run 3 SSU and 12 W Energy @ Blastoise or 2 SSU and 13 W Energy?

zWouter said:

Test out 2. If you like it add a third if you don't drop them for energy.

Violetwisp said:
zWouter said:

Okay, I will buy some codes and train a bit on PTCGO

Will i have to change these decks because of Plasma Storm?

zWouter said:
Violetwisp said:

Okay, I will buy some codes and train a bit on PTCGO

Will i have to change these decks because of Plasma Storm?

Not too much, you may want to consider adding colress and/or ghestis, maybe a Hypnotoxic laser or two, especially in the darkrai deck. And, I may suggest manaphy for some early game acceleration in blastoise.
(Manaphy: Basic, {W} 70hp, retreat:1.
Ability: Final Wish. Once during your opponent's turn, if this Pokémon would be Knocked Out by damage from an attack, search your deck for any 1 card and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward.
{W} Seafaring
Flip 3 coins. For each heads, attach a {W} Energy card from your discard pile to your Benched Pokémon in any way you like.)

Mhm, those cards are really nice. But i'll check out the meta on PTCGO and maybe buy them depending on how well my team does.

In the Keldeo deck
-3 Super Scoop Up, they're not needed. Run one if you wish.
-1 Tool Scrapper, most decks only use one.
+3 Water Energy, 15 is a nice solid number.
+1 Pokemon Catcher, all decks need four.

blargh257 said:
In the Keldeo deck
-3 Super Scoop Up, they're not needed. Run one if you wish.
Don't run one, either run none or 3-4.
After you use 1 and flip tails its gone. i've seen matches won because of SSU so I would almost bump it up to four, also you probably do need 4 catchers.

I believe you're only allowed to have one decklist per thread.
As for your Darkrai deck, why don't you run 4 Catchers? It's too good.

I don't think 4 colress in the blastoise deck is a good idea. Whenever I play that I have maybe 3 benched pokemon.
-2 Colress
+2 Juniper
Supporter lines are going to be shaken up by Colress and Ghestis, but at least we have a good amount of supporters to play around with finally. Some people will swear by Colress, some people will swear by Ghestis, some people will think both are overrated. Only testing will tell how many of each will be the standard.
-1 Keldeo BCR. He's ok, and I know you feel like you need a sigilyph counter, but with catchers and Hypnotoxic Laser, I don't see a 90 hp pokemon walling you for very long.
-1 Squirtle. 3 has nearly always worked for me.
-3 Max Potion. I don't see your reasoning for this. This deck is meant to pile massive amounts of energy on individual pokes, you don't want to discard all of it.
+2 Virbank City Gym. If you're going to run hypnotoxins and you don't have the cash for tropical beaches (let's be honest, at like 100$ each, who does?), then you should fit these in. Maybe not 2 if you have something else you want to put in, or if you really want to put back one of those pokemon I said to take out, but I'd try to run at least one.
+3 Super Scoop Up. I will never stop pulling for this card, It's a 4 of in my blastoise/keldeo build and it has saved me far more often then it has been dead. This has turned definite loses into wins, at least give it a chance. Flippy cards do hurt consistency, but use your Skylas right and that shouldn't be a problem for this deck.

As for Darkrai, I'm not sure. I've never really ran terrakion in any of mine so I don't know how to alter the cards to fit it. I'd say try to fit a Virbank into it somehow, but I'm not qualified to say what to take out.

Violetwisp said:
I don't think 4 colress in the blastoise deck is a good idea. Whenever I play that I have maybe 3 benched pokemon.
-2 Colress
+2 Juniper
Supporter lines are going to be shaken up by Colress and Ghestis, but at least we have a good amount of supporters to play around with finally. Some people will swear by Colress, some people will swear by Ghestis, some people will think both are overrated. Only testing will tell how many of each will be the standard.
> (Colress counts for both benches) I can't afford to discard in this deck I think, but maybe I will switch to Ghetsis because so many people will run alot of PHB, Catcher, ...
-1 Keldeo BCR. He's ok, and I know you feel like you need a sigilyph counter, but with catchers and Hypnotoxic Laser, I don't see a 90 hp pokemon walling you for very long.
> I think I can't wall Sig, because I don't have the Virbank City Stadium, so poison will only do 1 and Sig can fire off like 3 psychics in the meantime.
-1 Squirtle. 3 has nearly always worked for me.
> Might take him out afer I've done some big testing.
-3 Max Potion. I don't see your reasoning for this. This deck is meant to pile massive amounts of energy on individual pokes, you don't want to discard all of it.
> This was my theory about it: SSU is a Max Pot without discarding the energy, but with 50% chance. So if I used Max Pot I would have a way to heal my Pokés 100% of the time and I thought it'd be easy to get the energy back with the Energy Retrievals. But i think you're right and i should run SSU's, so i can drop 1 Energy Retrieval for another card!
+2 Virbank City Gym. If you're going to run hypnotoxins and you don't have the cash for tropical beaches (let's be honest, at like 100$ each, who does?), then you should fit these in. Maybe not 2 if you have something else you want to put in, or if you really want to put back one of those pokemon I said to take out, but I'd try to run at least one.
>Yes, very good point. I think I'll add only one, because alot of players will run this Stadium.
+3 Super Scoop Up. I will never stop pulling for this card, It's a 4 of in my blastoise/keldeo build and it has saved me far more often then it has been dead. This has turned definite loses into wins, at least give it a chance. Flippy cards do hurt consistency, but use your Skylas right and that shouldn't be a problem for this deck.
>Yes, I will use SSU (watch above)

As for Darkrai, I'm not sure. I've never really ran terrakion in any of mine so I don't know how to alter the cards to fit it. I'd say try to fit a Virbank into it somehow, but I'm not qualified to say what to take out.
> Very good point, but I have nearly no space for a Virbank, I'll think about this.

Thank you very much for the tips!

I know that Colress counts both benches, but I only see it as a 4 of if you constantly have at least 4 pokemon on your bench. It has to net you at least 6 cards for it to be worth it to me.

And yeah, your darkrai list is really tight, maybe lose one basic dark or DarkraiEX, but that's all I can see that you can afford to try losing.

Violetwisp said:
I know that Colress counts both benches, but I only see it as a 4 of if you constantly have at least 4 pokemon on your bench. It has to net you at least 6 cards for it to be worth it to me.

And yeah, your darkrai list is really tight, maybe lose one basic dark or DarkraiEX, but that's all I can see that you can afford to try losing.

If 1 Darkrai is prized if I have 2 I'm fucked.

zWouter said:
Violetwisp said:

If 1 Darkrai is prized if I have 2 I'm fucked.

If two are prized and you have 3, you are also fucked. But yeah, I see your point, losing a basic dark or two is probably the only room you can make.

Back