• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Blastoise/Keldeo for Cities

-ThatBlackJew-

Dark Horse
I'm rather happy with this deck and out of the games I have played. My list has won several games and continues to do so. I'm looking for suggestions for techs for cities to give me that extra nudge. Against match-ups such as (Eel variants, Darkrai variants, and a few other decks out there) my consistency is great and I'm very happy with the outcome. There were rumors that this deck would flop like Garchomp/Altaria. But i believe that statement has been proven wrong within the few weeks after the release of Boundaries Crossed. Anyways although i have been winning i sense that a Garbador Deck is in my future and i don't currently run the necessary Tool Scrappers to combat such a deck that revolves around Garbotoxin. Here is my Current list.

Pokemon: 13
4-1-3 Blastoise
1 Kyurem
2 Kyogre EX
2 Keldeo EX

Supporters: 14
3 Juniper
4 N
3 Skyla
2 Cilan
2 Bianca

Items: 22
4 Super Scoop Up
4 Rare Candy
3 Pokemon Catcher
3 Ultra Ball
2 Eviolite
2 Energy Retrieval
2 Tool Scrapper
1 Super Rod
1 Random Receiver

Energy: 11

11 Water Energy {W}

I am relatively happy with this list but as always i am open to ideas.

I am 36-3 with this deck with most of my wins coming from rogue decks i would say 22-3 would be a better Win to Loss ratio.

Thanks

bumpers

bumps i guess..

Here are my suggestions:

- 1 Level Ball - Why do you need this again?

+ 1 Super Rod - To improve consistency.

if i need to search for a squirtle or wartortle i can use level ball. after i'm set up it's just fodder for ultra ball and computer search. sometimes you just really need a squirtle on bench. and you can't discard 2 cards for ultra ball. so you level ball for them. but i will consider the super rod.

any other suggestions?

This is a very fun deck, I run a very similiar build but except with a kyerum ex and mewtwo ex so i dont have to just rely on keldeo for everything. I found that klink corners will be a very popular deck in this format and it runs basically just special energies so kyurem ex was a good choice and it isnt weak to shaymin ex which in late game when you are about to win whats going to happen is that when you get to the better players they are going to drop a shaymin and begin just knocking everything out faster than you can say keldeo so when that happens your screwed. So i would say maybe say

-1 Candy - you only have 3 blastoise
-1 catcher - you dont really need to catcher anything if you can 1 shot it right?
-1 level ball - not needed since you are trying to get blastoise turn 2
-2 eviolite - toolscraper will put you in a bad mood
-2 bouffalant - easily one shotted, its catcher bait

+1 Mewtwo EX - mewtwo counter :D
+1 Kyurem EX - great start, great special energy counter
+1 Ultra Ball - great search
+1 Super Rod - get stuff like mewtwo and or energy and keldeo back
+3 Bianca - you run ultra ball and you have energy accel so you never have a good hand

Hopefully i helped and didnt make you angry :)

Ive tested with this deck some and I see one possible change, but it really depends on your play style. I bump up to 4 ultra ball 3 energy retreival. That way getting out blastoise is more consistent plus you can discard water. I love using the discard as a means of accelerating energy to your hand instead of having to use supporters. With blastoise set up, every energy retrieval is like using TWO dark patch. I like your supporter count with 3 skyla and 2 cilan. I might bump down to 3 juniper but that is just my playstyle. I really like your list though if your having trouble with eels though there is always kyurem NVI, Kyogre EX and Registeel EX which all hate on that deck. As far as darkrai goes there isn't much you can do with keldeo blastoise as far as teching goes. Its either stack energy on keldeo, use bouffalant or win the prize race. Oh and btw i would definitley add in two mewtwo at bare minimum. IMO mewtwo is going to be one of your tougher opponents if you like stacking energy on one keldeo.

I have read all of the comments and i would like to address them individually below.

xXLANTURNPRIMEXx

-1 Candy - you only have 3 blastoise
well running 4 candy ups my chances of drawing into one instead of having to waste a skyla and supporter for a turn.

-1 catcher - you dont really need to catcher anything if you can 1 shot it right?
When you can catcher out an ex and 1 shot it with keldeo i would like to keep at least 3.

-1 level ball - not needed since you are trying to get blastoise turn 2
i took it out :D

-2 eviolite - toolscraper will put you in a bad mood
eviolite is that bait for tool scrappers. takes away from ultra ball fodder. eviolite helps my keldeo's survive when i face rogue grass decks with vileplume and friends.

-2 bouffalant - easily one shotted, its catcher bait
replaced with 2 Kyogre found that he has a lot of use in this deck.

+1 Mewtwo EX - mewtwo counter
i might add 1 i just don't won't to stack up a mewtwo to be countered by another. when i could just knock the mewtwo out with 6 energy on keldeo instead of losing two prizes when the mewtwo dies

+1 Kyurem EX - great start, great special energy counter
hate this card with a passion not worth the energy Imo

+1 Ultra Ball - great search
i feel more consistant with 3 because i throw away cards in the begginning with juniper and ultra ball i often get the setup i need and have ultra balls just in my hand through out the game.

+1 Super Rod - get stuff like mewtwo and or energy and keldeo back
i already run one of them but maybe i will add two i just don't want to have to search for it after the rod.

+3 Bianca - you run ultra ball and you have energy accel so you dnever have a good hand
Great idea i often have 1 card in my hand and no support for a few turns so i might add 2 at the most.

Thanks for you input it really helped.

exdarkrai01:

yea i added Kyruem NVI but i reallized i need a better non-ex attacker. i found myself having to build up a blastoise just to get rid of Sigilyph

and about your mewtwo comment. everytime i see a mewtwo i build six energy on my keldeo for the knock out. if they plop down another with a dce i won't be knocked out and can super scoop up to shed the damage. if i run mewtwo though there is a chance i might just be countered by another mewtwo and that doesn't make me happy. i might run 1 mewtwo just for the situational purpose but it probably won't hit bench unless i need to knock out a mewtwo or i get it in my first hand and are forced to put it down

I appreciate your feed back my new list is posted below

Pokemon:
4-1-3 Blastoise
1 Kyurem
2 Kyogre EX
2 Keldeo EX

Supporters:
4 Juniper
4 N
3 Skyla
2 Cilan

Items:
4 Super Scoop Up
4 Rare Candy
3 Pokemon Catcher
3 Ultra Ball
2 Eviolite
2 Energy Retrieval
2 Tool Scrapper
1 Super Rod
1 Random Receiver

Energy:

11 Water Energy

Might add Mewtwo Ex later. Lost my Computer Search. Trying to find a non-ex attacker for Sigilyph.

Back