• Unleashed

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Undaunted

Votes: 9 25.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Matryoshka

Hi, I'm a scrub
Hey, my Birthday's coming up and I MIGHT be able to get a booster box, so if I will which should I get? A few things about the cards I like:

I prefer MD on
Some of the rarer staples and techs I do not have (For example, only 1 Spiritomb, only 1 Sableye, only 1 half of ERL, 1 good rod, 1 Pokemon rescue, no call, etc.)
I play rogue, NEVER meta so nothing that only has meta or junk in it
I want a box where I will be happy with whatever X I get
Must have some good tradebait if I don't need the card
THe Xs and Super rares I already have and don't need anymore of unless I can trade well for it are: Azelf X, Magnezone X, Dusknoir X, Garchomp C X, Gengar X, Blissey Prime, Meganium Prime, Feraligatr Prime, Ampharos Prime, Kingdra Prime, Ho-oh Legend Top, ERL Top, ESL top, RSL bottom.

Thanks in advanced

I would go with Rising Rivals because that way if you get Luxray lv.x you can sell it for like 50 dollars. Same thing with Flygon lv.x You can sell it for like 30 dollars. =)

Umm try selling Luxray for like 80 $... But anyways Rising Rivals is great along with Platinum and MD

33% chance you get it anyway so maybe one that has better cards such as LA to get uxie azelf mesprit,etc

Go Rising Rivals. If you pull the Luxray GL LV.X, sell that for $80. Then, buy another booster box of your choice! I'd go Undaunted for me, just 'cuz of the Eeveelutions, but to play, definitely Rising Rivals. The Pikachu and Rotom aren't so bad either!

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Do NOT get Rising Rivals. The only possible way you have of even coming close to making the box worth it is by pulling a Luxray Lv. X. But with 9 X's in the set and only 2 per box, the chances of you pulling it are very, very slim. Flygon X is worth something, sure, but definitely not the price of a whole box.

HS Undaunted is the newest set and there is always good trade value in something that was just released. I say go with Undaunted for now.

festizzio is right saying that this is a gamble. Hopefully you can pull if you do decide to buy it.

Here's what i say
MD-Call Energy+Eeveelutions. Few common staples, mostly crud. 2 of the X's are nice but it'll suck if you get Porygon Z LV.X(Garchomp, Glaceon and ESPECIALLY Leafeon are all still worth a fair amount)

LA-Pixies, Pixies, etc. Also has the vastly underrated Gliscor LV.X line. Also does have some crappy cards but great for rogue players and metagame players alike(for staples and the Kingdra), trainers aren't bad either.

SF-The big "3" of Gengar Machamp and Gyrados, great for metagame players. Also has Dusknoir whose play should increase next year, as well Tyranitar SF who still makes a decent. Don't forget Gigas whom has seen some play this year as well. The trainers it has a several trainers not in other sets(Energy Link, Poke healer,drawer, blower and Luxury Ball all of which are decent/good). The secret rares are also worth decent amounts too, the Charizard SF can fetch 20-30. Also Shiny Duskull is always a nice thing to have although no DP Dusky anymore :(

PL-SP ENGINE and the toolboxish componets is the main thing here. Also has good X's in Shaymin LV.X(land), Giratina LV.X, Dialga G LV.X, and Palkia G LV.X, even Drapion can be a decent rouge, same w/ shaymin. Also has BTS and lookers as well as Galactic's HQ. IMO your best bet as PGX isn't god like anymore but still playable and DGX got 2 Top 8 @Nats. the secret rares are all worthless, the shinies bite, although Vulpix still sees play, then the haymaker reprints are worth nothing.

RR-the big one. Comes w/ the most notable SP and it's first "partner"(Lux GL X and Ape 4 X). Also has Flygon and Nidoqueen. 5 Eeveelutions but the rest of the X's are pretty crappy, Mismagius X, Kazam X, Snorlax X. Some are useful, somewhat, Gallade 4 and Floatzel. Also has the overhyped Hippo X. Trainers, nothing too special besides, volkner's and radar. A reprint of Bebe's too. Other secret rares are baddish, the rotoms are all average except Fan and Frost. the pikachus are terrible.

SV- Has Garchomp C X and Blaze FB X. Also has the "new" draw engine perhaps in Star FB X. Absol G X is okay and might see play when LL comes out here. Trainers bite, but Cyrus I. is seeing play. The Reprints are terrabad and not worth much either, first set to give you 3 X's. But most of them stink and the best one is in a tin :p

PA- Great set for normal rares, similar to SF, in that it has a "big 3", CurseGar, Spiritomb and Expert Belt, other than that the set bites, as Sally and Tangy were overhyped, lots of SR's w/ the arceus but those for the most part suckish too, can pull a complete SR set in two boxes if lucky :)

HGSS-Yeah this set wasn't great either. Honestly about 5 good cards used right now, Jumpluff, Donphan Prime, Communication, Collector and Double Colorless Energy, Copycat's play should rise but most of the primes can't even be played. Potential though. Not to mention how suckish the shiny+legends are.

UN-A good set though, Kingdra Prime, Judge and Entei Raikou legend are the main things to go after, but there is potential for rogue players in this set too. Not bad but not great either, lithograph is probably worsest card on the planet.

UD-This is based on speculation but this should be our best HGSS-on set yet. The legends are crud but it offers THREE good primes, Espeon+Umbreon and Scizor as a nice tech, again another round of eeveelutions.
The trainers are okay as there is a near reprint of Team Galactic's Mars. Also has Vileplume too.

So yeah just make your decision, hope i helped.

As of right now I'm the only person who voted for Unleashed.Kinda shocked by that to be honest.
The set was amazing.It gave us Judge,ERL,T-Tar Prime,Kingdra Prime,and Crobat Prime(it will be good).

I can't believe I'm the only one voting for HGSS!! That set has a VERY high ultra-rare card rate! I have bought 2 different booster boxes from the set. I got each prime, plus both full Ho-Oh and Lugia legend, and a shiny Gyrados! My second box, I got 2 Ampharos prime, Donphan, Typlosion, Meganium, and Blissey prime, plus 1 half of Ho-Oh legend, both halves of Lugia legend, shiny Gyrados, and a Alph Litograph. You defenitely get your money's worth from a HGSS booster box!!

oh my god... do not go for rising rivals. because if you do not pull off and get a luxray x and flygon x your box will be worth about maybe 40 total?? DO NOT GET RISING RIVALS. my birthday is coming up soon and im thinking of getting a undaunted box

As for the RR discussion, I want some Xs besides Luxray and Flygon. But the only other ones I'd actually want are Gallade 4 X (Always wanted to make a deck with it) Ape X for tradebait, and possibly Floatzel and Hippo. Then again, Alakazam is good in Tanktwig and it sells for about 30? The ones I DON'T want and I'd hate to get are Mismagius and Snorlax because they have very little use and are only worth about 10 dollars. As for the rest of the set, I'd like to get Flygon, Luxray GL, Nidoqueen for tradebait, Maybe I could try Shiftry, Turtwig, and Quagsire. And I don't have any SP radar.

For PL, I really don't want Skymin because I have the promo and don't collect them, and Giratina to a certain extent. The rest I would like. For the Trainers, I want unlimited of them ALL except Pokeball. They make good tradebait and some of them I have use for. For the rares, I need or would like to trade Bastiodon, Palkia G, Delcatty, Blastoise, Blaziken, Ampharos, Let Loose Giratina, Rampardos, Blissey, Dugtrio, and Toxicroak G.

definitely DON'T GET RR yeah it has luxray in it, but you'll probably get like an alakazam 4 and a hippowdon as your lv.X's. I suggest platinum because many of the cards (especially the SP staples) can be traded for whatever you want, and you are sure to get some. And since you only run rogues, PL also has some good overlooked cards to build those rogues with.

RR has 3 good level X's. Luxray, Flygon, and Infernape. I'd either go with that one or SV. SV has a bunch of good X's as well, such as Garchomp C X, Blaziken FB X, Absol G X, and Staraptor SV X.

Don't go for RR, the cards in it are so bad. I gambled on half a box of RR and recovered most of my money by hitting Floatzel but it was bad. Don't go for SV either, there are a lot of cool cards in there but for some reason they are really cheap. I would hit up Stormfront for coolness/deckbuilding factor (low resell though), Platinum or Unleashed for resell (PT's trainers and Unleashed's Primes sell for a lot and almost guarantee you make back your box on it).

^I agree about SV. I will kill for Absol G X, but it's only worth 10 dollars. May as well buy one. What I'm trying to aim at is to buy a box that will have good cards in it, and all the doubles I could sell or trade for something I want.

Platinum boxes are more consistent in that you're guaranteed a bunch of sought-after trainers/stadiums/supporters that you can either use or trade for whatever you need in your deck, but if you want to gamble, you can get a Rising Rivals box and cross your fingers for Luxray X.

Back