Booster Drafts

ogeray

Aspiring Trainer
i will be going to my pre-release tomorow in cedar grove and i was wondering if doing the booster draft is worth it.
i know u only get 5 packs, so that comes out to $4 a pack. but there is also a in-store credit for winners.

so is it worth it?
why or why not

and if it is worth it, what strategy should you use in drafting your cards?
highest value? rarity? deck strategy?

thanks!

RE: regarding Booster Drafts

I wouldn't worry about choosing cards for your deck because you'll never use that deck again; it has no importance. What you should focus on is choosing the card worth the most in your pack, if you have to choose between something like a good Prime like Machamp or a Legend piece, go with your instinct. It helps if you ask people before the event to see what they want from you and you want from them. It makes decisions a lot easier. I'd say it's worth it to go, your getting packs before the official release date, and you get to make a cool deck with your friends. Go for it!

and just so we are clear you get to keep all the cards you pull whether you use them or not.

edit: didnt read properly

i'd probably not go for it if it meant overpaying, i only go to prereleases because its a slight reduction in price

Back