Both pieces of LEGEND cards in 1 pack?

don()shinobi

PokeBeach's Yu-Gi-Oh enthusiast. I guess.
When I saw this guy on youtube open up a HG Collection box and a SS Collection box, I noticed that when he pulled a LEGEND card, he pulled the other card needed to make the card as well. This is shown in this video, 1:15 for Lugia and 9:35 for Ho-Oh.

Do you think and/or want this to happen in the English HGSS set and why?

I personally want this to happen. It will make collecting the LEGEND cards a whole lot easier.

I would like this happen as it would make collecting/playing the legends cards easier.

I have my doubts, however, that this would actually happen because of the fact it would make getting them for whatever reason easier. It means people don't need to buy as many packs as they might otherwise to obtain them.

So overall, yes I'd like but I doubt it'll happen.

I had no idea that the Legend cards would be bigger than the rest. I'd guess that they will be found in packs together. Only reason is that if you opened a pack and just got the bottom/top of a Legend, wouldn't you be kinda pissed about that?

Yeah I kinda hope they do it the same way in the US release, especially since they're combining the two sets together, it would probably make it very difficult to find that one half of a card you needed to play it. However I'm sure they'll be adjusting card distribution, and they're obviously going to be taking out 40 or so cards as well.

I dunno, I would kinda expect them to keep it that way for the US release.

I'd say they won't be in the same pack. It just does not make sound business sense for them to do that. If it was so easy you would buy less packs trying to get that play set. I hope it is not this way but I am very sure it will be, PUI is not a charity after all someones making money.

I don't see why they'd make distributions any different. It'd make getting both halves of a LEGEND incredibly hard. I want to calculate the probability of getting both in one pack if everything were completely random instead of guaranteeing both at the same time, but it's almost midnight and I don't want to do math. But I'm betting that the chance would be really small.

If they aren't, it will be quite a screwup IMO. Just imagine "Oh yay, my 4th bottom half of Lugia, and still haven't got a top half..."

well remember this is a 'trading' card game if you get 4 feet find some-one whose got 4 heads

Lou Cypher said:
If they aren't, it will be quite a screwup IMO. Just imagine "Oh yay, my 4th bottom half of Lugia, and still haven't got a top half..."

Yeah. They better put both halves in a pack. That would be SO lame if they didn't...

I dont know. Its harder to collect them if they seperate it. Which is good and bad. Makes the peices worth more I suppose.

Plus, think about this; In a booster draft, you open your pack and you find Lugia Legend. You are now forced to choose between the top half or bottom half. Hmmm....

You guys really need to look at it from PUI's perspective. What financial gain is there for them to put both pieces in the same pack. And besides unlike japan we do not get legends in theme decks which would be awesome if we did, because personally I don't like the tins, they are not good for card storage, and I'd rather know what cards I'm getting instead of having a booster. All this is because they are in it for the money, so the odds of them having two parts in the same pack are lower than we'd all like.

Lou Cypher said:

my exodia !

Dances with Ninjas said:
Japan also gets Lv. X cards in theme decks. I don't expect them to be as generous in the US.

That is good point. Having only one half per pack, sounds like something they would do in English. They have never been too kind to us in English.

Babasai said:
I don't see why they'd make distributions any different. It'd make getting both halves of a LEGEND incredibly hard. I want to calculate the probability of getting both in one pack if everything were completely random instead of guaranteeing both at the same time, but it's almost midnight and I don't want to do math. But I'm betting that the chance would be really small.

They ALWAYS make distributions different from Japan to the US. Japanese boxes come with 20 packs, but 36 packs in the US. However, the Japanese packs come with an energy card and a holo in the same pack, and neither are guaranteed in US packs.

Shining Rotom said:
They must do that. Its kinda weird if you pull Lugia's feet. :S

It's also kinda weird to pull a Lv. X without the card that it is played on top of, but that still happens.

novadragon07 said:
You guys really need to look at it from PUI's perspective. What financial gain is there for them to put both pieces in the same pack. And besides unlike japan we do not get legends in theme decks which would be awesome if we did, because personally I don't like the tins, they are not good for card storage, and I'd rather know what cards I'm getting instead of having a booster. All this is because they are in it for the money, so the odds of them having two parts in the same pack are lower than we'd all like.

^. That is what I'm thinking.

ESP, on your point on pulling a level X w/out its lower form, sometimes Xs are in sets w/out a basic form, I mean look at Honchkrow, Electivire, Drapion, Magnezone, Heatran, Rhyperior and so on. But I get what you are saying. As for the legends thing, it will be separate packs. I mean there is really no financial gain, as said above. So if you want to complete a legend, your gonna have to buy some packs to do so. I would assume its 1 full thing a box, w/ 1 secret trainer, and 3 primes a box. Makes sense...

Back