Boundaries Crossed disscusion thread - post 11 for checklist

Boundaries Crossed: Good or bad

• Total voters
Frost said:
My speculative list based on WPM's most recent update:

The two parts I'm the most shaky about are the gaps between Scolipede/Sandshrew and Skarmory/the Dragon-types. They didn't cut any three-stage Psychic lines, so maybe it's the two Goth cards from National Beginning Set along with Meloetta, who I hope will be in Boundaries Crossed. Perhaps 99 could be the Dragon-type BW-P Haxorus promo, which bumps Vibrava and Flygon up to 97 and 98, with 96 being the Klink from the Keldeo Deck? Definite cuts from Cold Flare/Freeze Bolt are Sewaddle, Combee, Whismur, Timburr, Lunatone, Solrock and Swinub's lines along with the four infamous Trainer cards and one of Joltik/Galvantula or Blitzle/Zebstrika.

I believe your list is correct. What you missed is that number 96 is another Skarmory and 97 is Klink [95 Skarmory is from the Keldeo deck, 96 Skarmory is from the jap main set and the Klink is also from the Keldeo deck]. Other than that, the only thing we still don't know is if we got the blitzle line or the joltik line.

Metalizard said:
I believe your list is correct. What you missed is that number 96 is another Skarmory and 97 is Klink [95 Skarmory is from the Keldeo deck, 96 Skarmory is from the Japanese main set and the Klink is also from the Keldeo deck]. Other than that, the only thing we still don't know is if we got the blitzle line or the joltik line.

Ah, I didn't catch that there was a Skarmory in both CF/FB and the Keldeo BSD. 96 - Skarmory and 97 - Klink makes perfect sense then!

If the speculative list is accurate, then what we've lost from the Japanese releases are:
Cold Flare - Sewaddle, Swadloon, Leavanny, Solrock, Timburr, Gurdurr, Conkeldurr, Whismur, Loudred, Exploud, Bicycle, Ether (possibly Joltik and Galvantula)
Freeze Bolt - Combee, Vespiquen, Swinub, Piloswine, Mamoswine, Lunatone, Escape Rope, Virbank City Gym (possibly Blitzle and Zebstrika)
National Beginning Set - Riolu, Lucario
Keldeo Battle Strength Deck - Eviolite

25 cut cards. Just about what's needed to bump Plasma Gale up to the size of a typical English set.

FA Skyla is #149.

Tricked you, lol. Check the bottom spoiler.

$T2eC16dHJIYE9qUcO3d-BQjCgcj1Jg~~60_3.JPG

Apperently Blastoise is in the ice shock deck:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huKhlp_QG6Q

And Ace spec is in the reverse slot, awsome!

Mudkip711 said:
Nice find! At least Blastoise's price won't go too high.

Envoyofduels said:
I am still waiting on White Kyurem (non-ex), anybody know what it does?

346ajp3.png

Cold Fire is kind of funny. I understand not using the English name of Cold Flare because the EX already has it, but it's kind of amusing how close it is to the original name.

I wonder what the Japanese name will be.

--------------------

Oh, Black Kyurem's attack is nothing like "Freeze Bolt", guess they just took two random words to do with the types and it just ended up being like Cold Flare then.

omahanime said:
My checklist at post 11 has been updated. It only shows proven data.

http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-boundaries-crossed-disscusion-thread-post-11-for-checklist?pid=2335393#pid2335393

Mudkip711 said:
Is it me or does the border of the card look blurry?

It could be just an effect from photographing the holo. Some Japanese silver holo cards scan black.

I was tempted to go to the Pre-Release for this set but I decided not to because based on what I heard most of the good cards that were supposed to be in this set were cut like Virbank City Gym, Ether, Bicycle, and Escape Rope. I'm glad that Skyla and Town Map are in the set, and there's some good stuff in this set where I could try to build a 2nd deck in the TCG for but here's the problem I have.

If I want to build a 2nd Pokemon deck considering that I already spend money on other TCG's as it is like Magic: The Gathering, Cardfight!! Vanguard, World of Warcraft, and Kaijudo (soon) I would need to spend $80 a playset on Pokemon Catchers which are still roughly $20 a piece and aside from that there's not very many people in my area that still play the Pokemon TCG aside from one of the cardshops that's closest to my house.

I just don't want to invest in another deck that I might not play as much with especially when the only players in my area that mainly play Pokemon TCG are the one's that attend sanctioned events like Battle Roads or Cities for example. My Casual playerbase for the game has shrunk quite a bit compared to how big it was in the last couple of formats where Basics, EX's, and Catcher wasn't heavily played as much in favor of Stage 2 Evolution decks and bench strategies like Claydol GE. I miss those days in the game and I wish TPCi/P!P would go back to how the format was like back in Diamond/Pearl-On.

RogueChomp said:
I think TPCi killed the set. Completely. Its OK, but it could have been a lot better.

There's alot of good cards in this set but it could've been better If they didn't cut those good cards I mentioned earlier out of it cause it makes Skyla a less useful Supporter right now and I only see her being good in Stage 2 decks to fetch for Rare Candy until we get Bicycle where we get card draw in Trainer form.

The bad thing is there's roughly only 2-3 Competitive Stage 2 decks in the current format and those decks are Darkrai/Hydreigon, Garchomp/Altaria, and Blastoise/Keldeo. It's still better than no competitive Stage 2's at all, part of the problem is that they keep printing EX's as Basic Pokemon instead of Stage 1 and Stage 2 EX's.

Back