• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

BR Masters Luxchomp (Yes, very original) (Luxray/Garchomp)

SourMilk

Undestructable
Pokemon x20

Luxray Gl x2
Luxray Gl Lv X x2
Garchomp C x2
Garchomp C Lv X x2
Dialga G x1
Dialga G X x1
Promocroak x1
Dragonite FB x1
Bronzong G x1
Crobat G x2
Uxie LA x2
Uxie Lv X x1
Azelf LA x1
Lucario GL x1

T/S/S x29

Cyrus's Conspiracy x4
Collector x3
Bebe's Search x2
PONT x2
Aaron's x2
Poke-turn x4
Energy Gain x4
Power Spray x3
SP radar x3
Pokecomm x2

Energy x11

DCE x4
Warp x2
Lightning x2
Metal x2
Psychic x1

Basic Luxchomp strategy. Dragonite replaces Ambipom as an SP counter, Dialga counters Mewtwo, Scizor, Vileplume, etc.

RE: BR Masters Luxchomp (Yes, very original)

To be honest, ERL without Manectric will lose you more games than it will win. ERL is 2 dead cards when you risk knocking yourself out.

I would also suggest only playing 3 gains to free up another card, possibly add a 4th Radar or 3rd Bebe's especially with Trainer Lock being so prevalent in this meta.

I see what you mean. But, what should I replace ERL with, a Mewtwo counter?

SourMilk said:
I see what you mean. But, what should I replace ERL with, a Mewtwo counter?

I've been playing a 1-1 Dialga as my Mewtwo counter, but never used it as such. There's plenty of good alternatives though.

ApachePrime said:
I've been playing a 1-1 Dialga as my Mewtwo counter, but never used it as such. There's plenty of good alternatives though.

I'm gonna try 1-1 Drifblim UD since he'll be a good Mewtwo counter and can help with Machamp and tanks like Steelix. I'll also take out an e-gain for another Psychic energy.

You really might want to consider adding in the Blaziken FB Lv.X and a Fire energy beacuse if something like a Dialga G Lv.X or a Steelix is able to setup on you and start their tank your game is basically over unless the opponet is stupid and keeps droping basics on the bench.

PokeKid Brandon said:
You really might want to consider adding in the Blaziken FB Lv.X and a Fire energy beacuse if something like a Dialga G Lv.X or a Steelix is able to setup on you and start their tank your game is basically over unless the opponet is stupid and keeps droping basics on the bench.

Naw, I don't think I'll add blaze. With Steelix, hopefully I can outspeed and kill their support before they get set up, but if I don't, I can always use Take Away to get rid of him. With Dialga, I believe I can get around him by sniping things and by spraying healing breath. Drifblim can do work here too.

SourMilk said:
I'm gonna try 1-1 Drifblim UD since he'll be a good Mewtwo counter and can help with Machamp and tanks like Steelix. I'll also take out an e-gain for another Psychic energy.

Hey now... Drifblim UD is my Mewtwo counter and you can't have it... Just kidding, but in all seriousness now I would suggest...

-1 Luxury Ball (Can't get Lv. X's)
+1 Pokemon Communication (Can get any pokemon)

Other than that it seems fairly solid.

P.S. If you are facing a tanking deck I would suggest sniping everything off of their bench and then do takeaway for the insta win, so that way you wouldn't actually have to even attack their active wall. Unless of course they are running bench protection, in which case kill it with Luxray. All in all the only decks that cause luxchomp real trouble are Luxchomp variants, Machamp, or Mewtwo.

This looks good. I mean really good. I'd replace the Drifblim for a 1-1 Dialga G LV.X line primarily because you still have Scizor Prime running around and you run four Basic Energy. And, (would you look at that), it counters Mewtwo as well. Nice work, and good luck. :]

Hmm... I'll try the extra Pokecomm and see how it works.

I never really thought of Scizor as a problem, but now that you bring it up I can see how he could cause trouble. DGX is a good idea, but I still like Drifblim better since he helps with Machamp, Steelix, etc. Also, Scizor can't do much to Luxray plus I can Poke-turn or healing breath to the remove damage he slowly adds on. Thanks for bringing up Scizor though, I totally forgot about him.

I would largely agree with EspeonROX that Dialga G could be a better Mewtwo Counter. However, its not just Scizor Prime and Mewtwo Dialga G can counter, but also Vileplume. For the upcoming battle roads, I can imagine many people will be running Vileplume because of the body. In fact, Vileplume might be a problem for a deck like this since its body prevent you from playing trainers, and that can be annoying considering the fact you may not be able to use trainers like Power Spray, PokeTurn, Energy Gain, SP Radar, etc. under the Vileplume lock. That's one reason why you could try running Dialga G. Of course, I do understand that you do seem to prefer Drifblim UD more, and that's fine considering the fact it helps against Machamp and Steelix. However, if you ever want to run Dialga G, here's what I would do.

-1 Drifblim
-1 Drifloon
-4 Call

+1 Dialga G
+1 Dialga G Lv.X
+ 2 Warp Energy
+ 2 Metal (Basic)

Allow to explain about the changes: Basically, I tried running a Dialga G in my Luxchomp recently and it seems to do pretty well, even without Call. 2 Warp is there so that when you can get Dialga G out of the active spot when you need to, and the 2 basic metals are there in case you may need to attack with Dialga; plus, basic metals should be used over the special metals because the basic version is searchable with Cyrus.

Now like I said, I do understand you seem to prefer Drifblim more, but if you ever want to change your mind for Dialga (especially since Vileplume will be popular), those are the changes I would consider.

Good points, I suppose I'll test Dialga and see if he works. The thing is though, that I'm pretty sure Vileplume's main partner in BRs is gonna be Gengar, who can just Level-down Dialga anyway.

SourMilk said:
Good points, I suppose I'll test Dialga and see if he works. The thing is though, that I'm pretty sure Vileplume's main partner in BRs is gonna be Gengar, who can just Level-down Dialga anyway.

Glad to see you'll try out Dialga G and see what happens. The one thing you have to keep mind though is that Gengar Lv.X isn't going to be that much of a serious threat to Dialga G Level X with Vileplume out. That's because if you have the Dialga G out, you lock Vileplume's body, and that means you can power spray Level Down. Thus, I doubt Gengar will give you that much trouble, and you can search the power sprays out with Cyrus so that you can be ready when Gengar uses Level Down.

Changed the list to include Dialga...

-4 Call Energy
+2 Warp
+2 Basic Metal

- 1-1 Drifblim
+ 1-1 DGX

-1 Psychic Energy
+1 E-Gain

Just switched out Drifblim for Dialga and I'd rather keep my communication for more consistency. Adding Drifblim along with Dialga seems like beating a dead horse for Mewtwo, and Machamp can probably muscle his way through Drifblim anyhow.

SourMilk said:
Just switched out Drifblim for Dialga and I'd rather keep my communication for more consistency. Adding Drifblim along with Dialga seems like beating a dead horse for Mewtwo, and Machamp can probably muscle his way through Drifblim anyhow.

Haha Machamp can't do ANYTHING when he's back in the deck.

If they get out 2 Machamps one right after the other I think you are doing something wrong.... But anyway Drifblim is a great Machamp Counter while Dialga G is never a Machamp counter. BTW, since you are running Lucario GL Drifblim will do 120 dmg to Machamp and just need a crobat drop to KO it in a single turn. Drifblim also has 0 retreat cost so you don't have to waste slots on warp energy or the metal energies.

Back