• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

BR Masters Luxchomp (Yes, very original) (Luxray/Garchomp)

Yeah, but as pointed out earlier, Dialga counters Vileplume, which will probably see a lot more play at BRs.

^ I guess this pretty much depends on your Metagame as well. I mean, Uxie LV.X already hits for 120 with Zen Blade, so we can't forget about that, (as well as the fact it can use DCE to its advantage), and Dialga G LV.X covers Mewtwo LV.X as well. (Zen Blade OHKOs that.) If you do get damaged, you can still Psychic Restore, depending on your situation.

Drifblim might be better though its just personal preference. Playing Drifblim means you are able to play call energy and not warp / metal ; thereby increasing your consistency.

Yea... luxchomp with no call AND non maxed collectors is a GREAT IDEA!1!!one!
/sarcasm
You will autolose to a good sableye/initiative/weavile lock. I gaurauntee it.

I'm still testing both to see which one works better. I like Dialga more in most cases, though having call energy can help.

Oh yeah, and I'm pretty sure most SP decks, let alone any other deck, don't run 4 collectors ^.

How do you intend to set up consistently, your relying on either breaking a cyrus chain to get collector, or drawing in to one of 3 cards from your deck. Not usually a good idea.

chetabear said:
How do you intend to set up consistently, your relying on either breaking a cyrus chain to get collector, or drawing in to one of 3 cards from your deck. Not usually a good idea.

I have never seen a Luxchomp deck run x4 collectors... the most I have ever seen is x3. So... where are you getting your information from?

people in person, playing actual games. Luxchomp w/ 4 collector and other consistency outs has a significantly positive match up v. mirror, and can actually do things other than scoop against disruption.

chetabear said:
people in person, playing actual games. Luxchomp w/ 4 collector and other consistency outs has a significantly positive match up v. mirror, and can actually do things other than scoop against disruption.

So you know the Worlds Winning Luxchomp Deck only ran 2 Pokemon Collectors.

Cimurph said:
So you know the Worlds Winning Luxchomp Deck only ran 2 Pokemon Collectors.
Actually, 2 Collector + 2 Roseannes.

I recorded that said deck myself after main event done.

Mew Jadester said:
Actually, 2 Collector + 2 Roseannes.

I recorded that said deck myself after main event done.

Ya I know the deck is listed online on Bulbapedia.... but what he doesn't know won't screw up my argument :p. Still in my opinion you don't need to run 4 collector's with 4 Call Energy, as I run 3 of each in my deck and it runs consistently.

Back