Brand new and need help

J

Jacksci-fi

Ok, so I used to play during the first set releases (base-fossil) and I have a ton of cards. I read the rulebook and think I'm suited for unlimited. Can anyone point me in the right way? Give me a how to build deck guide (for unlimited) and show me what decks are good in unlimited.

Thanks for any help

~Jack

all the good unlimited decks are broken extreme combos. build something normalish and get help at a local league.eventually youll probably want to make the transition to unlimited

The Deck-Garage Forum has all you need, but you must consider "what kind of combo should I make that can shut down my opponent and storm my way to victory?" I do not play unlimited and can only give you limited advice, but I will ask you to also consider a few other things:

Lass - Trainers are the basis to all unlimited decks and Lass can immediately cut the heck off your opponents strategy, forcing them to play without the supporting cards they need.

Speed - The faster you setup => The faster you kill => the faster you win

Pokemon - THIS IS A MUST! You must consider ALL pokemon from base to up if you want to build a decent deck. Otherwise, you might miss a crucial card that could greatly help your deck.

Special Energies - This does not apply often, but there are many different energies that could help your pokemon in ways your opponent wouldn't expect.

But hey, I'm no expert.

Back