Brighton, Michigan Cities Top 2 Match with Commentary!

OK i was the guy that recorded this video
1) Chris was the one using chandelure (he's a GUY)
2) he used tropical beach in game 2 we didnt get the vid to henry tho
3) it is a great chandy list especially for his first time using it in a tournament it went 4-0 (beating henry once)

so ZERO- dont say its a bad list

I'd disagree. He played good rod -- that is almost always a terrible card. Moreover, his list seemed fairly inconsistent. Despite the fact that Henry wrecked him, he still got very little action going. N for 6 typically should give you some action... but he saw next to no action. Moreover, success does not necessary imply greatness. I've played TERRIBLE decks in seniors that end up winning my games. I'll stand by my statement that the list is bad.

This is Christopher, for the record, I am a GUY, and went 4-0, beating Henry Round 4 of swiss before cut. The deck is WICKED if it get's setup correctly, which obviously didn't happen during those two games. (Just ask my other opponents who played Gothitelle, CaKE, and the D&D that was top seed @ Regionals)

Zero said:
I'd disagree. He played good rod -- that is almost always a terrible card. Moreover, his list seemed fairly inconsistent. Despite the fact that Henry wrecked him, he still got very little action going. N for 6 typically should give you some action... but he saw next to no action. Moreover, success does not necessary imply greatness. I've played TERRIBLE decks in seniors that end up winning my games. I'll stand by my statement that the list is bad.

There is a good reason for Good Rod. Switch is great once you get 3 Chandelure out in a game in order to drop 90 damage per turn instead of 60 just by retreating. I played 4 Switch, along with 4 Junk Arm. The Good Rod are used to be able to recycle Switch, or Pokemon that get Catcher'd early (Say Litwick-as you saw in Game 2, they die fast). Combined with Tropical Beach, (which I play two of, by the way) it provides a nice recycling engine to drop that extra damage with Switch.

Some other things about the list were questionable inclusions; I would say. The Good Rod on the other hand is one card I don't regret playing. Also, most of my N's came up dead draws which really hurt at times.

Back