• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format Brilliant Shot (M Gardevoir-EX / Aromatisse / Xerneas)

Plasma Dragon

Until the end of time
Pokémon: 16
  • 3 Gardevoir-EX (evolution)
  • 3 M Gardevoir-EX (main attacker)
  • 4 Xerneas XY 96 (set up energy)
  • 2 Aromatisse (move energy)
  • 3 Spritzee (evolution)
  • 1 Shaymin-EX (draw power)
  • 1 Xerneas-EX (secondary attacker)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 33
  • 4 Professor Sycamore (draw power)
  • 2 Lysandre (attacking)
  • 1 Brigitte (setup)
  • 4 VS Seeker (recycling)
  • 3 Max Potion (healing)
  • 3 Gardevoir Spirit Link (evolving)
  • 4 Ultra Ball (setup)
  • 3 Mega Turbo (energy)
  • 1 Super Rod (recycling)
  • 2 Battle Compressor (discarding)
  • 2 Trainers Mail (searching)
  • 3 Fairy Garden (switching)
Energy: 11
  • 11 Fairy Energy (energy)
Strategy:

Most people have been around long enough to know how this deck works. But I will write it out anyways.

The strategy is to set up as many M Gardevoirs and establish as much board control as possible before your opponent can start taking prizes. How you do this is by getting energy on your field as quickly as possible by using Mega Turbo and Xerneases Geomancy attack (attach 2 fairy energy to 2 of your benched Pokemon.) Because when you use M Gardevoirs Brilliant Arrow attack it does 30 time the amount of fairy energy on your side of the field. Then to keep your attackers healthy you move all the Pokemon's energy to another of you Pokemon (using Aromatisses Fairy Transfer ability) and then use Max Potion and then move it all back!

Anyways please if you see any grammatical errors (I have not posted a deck list in awhile) or if you have any suggestions please feel free to post it!

Thanks!

-Plasma Dragon

Last edited:
Hi Plasma Dragon,

Nice deck. I would consider a second Shaymin Ex instead of Xerneas Ex if possible since it tends to help the deck a lot. Also use AZ instead of Misty and consider to go down to two Max Potion. I am not that much of a fan of this card since there are several decks that can ohko M Gardevoir Ex. maybe consider Exp Share if Startling Megaphone is not that popular in your metagame. I would also consider to change Mega Turbo into Trainer's Mail since it makes the deck a lot faster.

I am assuming this is standard. My son has been playing a variant of this for a while. What he has run into is it gets shut down by Regice. So a non-EX attacker would be good. Also he runs Regirock with the Barrier trait. You can load him up with energy and they cannot lysandre him up fromt he bench. Good way to ramp up your energy. Another variation runs Giratina as an additional attacker. Remember the double dragon energy is 2 fairy. Just a couple of ideas that are not really new.

Hope this helps.

People forget that Xerneas XY is a viable non-EX attacker. :)

Also, oblig: "everything old is new again"

Personally:
-3 Shauna,
-1 Misty,
-1 Teammates,
-1 Skyla

+3 Trainers Mail
+2 Battle Compressor (to find supporters and set up mega turbo)
+1 Brigitte (so many non-EXs to bench, this might be great to run in more numbers)

-1 M Gardevoir-EX
-1 energy
-1 Fairy Garden

+1 Regirock XYP (the one with the Barrier ancient trait that is immune to hammers / Lysandre to hold you energy battery)
+1 Spritzee (you start with 1, it's Lysandre'ed up and killed first thing)
+1 VS Seeker

I kinda like Xerneas-EX against the Night March matchup (snipe those little jerk joltics), but Lugia-EX is also viable.

For some reason I don't see this as a top tier deck like it used to be though. 210 HP isn't tanky enough.

Edit: I've been trying to run AZ instead of Max Pots in fairy toolbox since M Potions went to expanded, but I haven't got a good working deck list. Who has had luck with one?

Last edited:
I run a deck similar to this. I agree that Xerneas is a viable non-EX attacker. I run 2 energy recyclers and 4 Trainer's mail in my deck to pull those energies that are discarded (KO'd Pokémon + Rainbow Spear) back into the deck and then put them back into play. I also use Lugia EX as a "secondary/tertiary" attacker. My main attackers though are 3x Florges EX (Bright Garden - [for only two energy] 20x number of Fairy/Grass Pokemon in your half of play) over Gardevoir EX; and because of this, I use 3 Fairy Garden and a Sky Stadium. Brilliant Arrow is a great attack, but it requires evolution and items to evolve; taking more space in the deck away from useful support/items.

Using Gardevoir EX, here are my suggestions:
-1 Misty
-1 Teammates
-1 Mega Turbo (You're using Geomancy to load these guys up after you use Brigette/Ultra Ball)
-1 Fairy Garden
-2 Xerneas (Only needed for T1-T4 when you don't have the Professors Letter in hand)
-3 Max Potion (Too dependent on Aromatisse being in play)

+1 VS Seeker
+2 AZ
+1 Brigette
+1 Shaymin EX
+1 Level Ball (find Aromatisse without discard)
+3 Professors Letter

Cards to consider;
Healing Scarf (If you're worried about healing; use this in conjunction with Trainer's Mail and you're healing a little every turn.)
Pokémon Center Lady (Again, if you're worried about healing. But uses up your Support play for the turn)

Last edited:
Who has had luck with one?

Here is what I run that I've found successful. Of course there is always room for improvement; so some cards can be swapped for others:

Pokémon - 14
3x Florges EX
2x Xerneas
2x Aromatisse
2x Spritzee
1x Mr. Mime
1x Lugia EX
1x Togepi
1x Togetic (ROS)
1x Togekiss (Serene Gas Ability)

Trainer's - 32
2x Revive
3x VS Seeker
2x Professor's Letter
1x Level Ball
2x Ultra Ball
1x Energy Retrieval
1x Switch
2x Steven
2x Brigette
2x Tierno
2x Wally
2x Lysandre
2x Professor Birch's Observation
2x Xerosic
2x AZ
2x Fairy Garden
1x Sky Field
1x Parallel City

Energy - 14
14 Fairy Energy (Seems a lot I know, but I flood my half and it helps with Lugia)

@Apterous
I really like your suggestion because it still keeps the cards I really like (3 Max Potion, 3 Mega Turbo 4 Xerneas etc.) It also sounds fast and powerful like a M Manectric deck. Also Max Potions are supposed to be reprinted in the next set.

@MikeMcfly87
I think what your trying to do is change a successful Florges EX deck into a M Gardevoir EX deck but I think they are too different in style to compare them (Florges EX is fast but low HP but M Gardevoir EX is slow but with high HP making use of Max Potion and Mega Turbo while Florges EX needs quick setup to start hitting hard.) I Lugia EX though

@Saber32
I might try the Regirock.

@Dark Espeon
I will try playing around with different numbers of Mega Turbos and Trainers Mail.

Changes:
-3 Shauna
-1 Misty
-1 Teammates
-1 Skyla
-1 Fairy Garden

7 open spots

+2 Battle Compressor
+1 Spritzee
+1 VS Seeker
+2 Trainers Mail
+1 Brigitte

Note: I will also try some of the other cards recommended to me. Thanks to everyone :)

Back