Brute Bonnet, Iron Bundle from “Mask of Change”

JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
Brute Bonnet and Iron Bundle were just revealed from SV6 Mask of Change! The set will release in Japan on April 26th. It should combine with March’s Crimson Haze to form our Twilight Masquerade set in May.
Iron Bundle – Water – HP90
Basic Pokémon (Future)
[W][C] Interjet: 60 damage. Switch this Pokémon with 1 of your Benched Pokémon. If you do, switch out your opponent’s Active Pokémon to the Bench. (Your opponent chooses the new Active Pokémon.)
Weakness: Lightning (x2)
Resistance: None
Retreat: 1

Brute Bonnet – Darkness – HP120
Basic Pokémon (Ancient)
[D] Poison Spray: Your opponent’s Active Pokémon is...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
A few months ago I have been cooking up a fun single prize meme deck with Sableye, dark Lokix and the first Brute Bonnet putting on enough damage counters with Sableye for Lokix to finish off even ex mons, I may look into it again with this since having access to Sada as well for my main attacker and no evolve requirement seems like a good upgrade, may still be just a meme deck regardless lol

Brute Bonnett's Rattling Strike should be 50+ instead of 50x
Edit: Thanks for the quick fix

Last edited:
Neither are really that good, but maybe Brute Bonnet with Brute Bonnet from PAR? It just seems way too difficult to be able to pull off and make even half decent, let alone competitive.

Neither are really that good, but maybe Brute Bonnet with Brute Bonnet from PAR? It just seems way too difficult to be able to pull off and make even half decent, let alone competitive.
Are you delirious? Ancient box gets another follow up attacker as a single prize deck! Although 3 seems a lot, Sada and patch can fix that easily.

I'm thinking we will get atleast 1 ex and 1 non ex card for each ancient and future pokemon if not then like 95% on them we will def get a Iron Moth ex and a Iron Jugulis ex
Yeah I just hope none of them get left behind in terms of a 2 prize card. There really arent that many missing just 6, but yeah I do hope the last 2 missing exs this set still are paradox

There's a magarco that burns on switch in so if you pair it with a poison strategy, you're almost guaranteed atleast 150 damage from brute Bonnet every turn because they will either take poison damage or burn damage if they switch. Though there's counter play because they can evolve to remove statuses

There's a magarco that burns on switch in so if you pair it with a poison strategy, you're almost guaranteed atleast 150 damage from brute Bonnet every turn because they will either take poison damage or burn damage if they switch. Though there's counter play because they can evolve to remove statuses
i feel like the way to go is to pair brute bonnet with iron valiant ex, no? there was a rogue deck pairing crabominable v with iron valiant ex to get OHKO's on everything last format

i feel like the way to go is to pair brute bonnet with iron valiant ex, no? there was a rogue deck pairing crabominable v with iron valiant ex to get OHKO's on everything last format
Don't think you can pair brute bonnet with iron valiant because bonnet needs 3 darkness energies to attack. You'd be clogging too much of your deck to put in a future engine with switch cards. Ancient box pairs naturally with a poison strategy already because of the other brute bonnet being able to poison basically for free and you also can use fluttermane to stall out the first turns.

Iron Bundle sounds like a fun hit and run with Thorns ex
Brute Bonnet is mid

Don't think you can pair brute bonnet with iron valiant because bonnet needs 3 darkness energies to attack. You'd be clogging too much of your deck to put in a future engine with switch cards. Ancient box pairs naturally with a poison strategy already because of the other brute bonnet being able to poison basically for free and you also can use fluttermane to stall out the first turns.
all you really need to implement iron valiant is enough switching cards. we saw this with last tormat, as iron valiant decks basically took the entei v rogue deck and implemented itself into it seemlessly to become a viable deck. we're not using iron valiant to attack, mainly to use its damage support

Back