Ruling BTS question

As long as you played the Pokemon in that same turn. For example,

Plays Basic down. Evolves via BTS. Evolves again vai BTS. That is perfectly legal.

Also, they made a new ruling that if you go second, you can still use BTS to evolve your Pokemon.

PokeChamp said:

Plays Basic down. Evolves via BTS. Evolves again vai BTS. That is perfectly legal.

Also, they made a new ruling that if you go second, you can still use BTS to evolve your Pokemon.

This is some what wrong. You don't HAVE to lay down the basic in order to get the effect of BTS, but you can. You can also have a Machop T1 and then play the BTS and next turn play the Machoke to get Machamp.

Lunar Wing said:
PokeChamp said:

This is some what wrong. You don't HAVE to lay down the basic in order to get the effect of BTS, but you can. You can also have a Machop T1 and then play the BTS and next turn play the Machoke to get Machamp.

Oh, yeah, I forgot about that. It was like 8:00 PM at night, so I wasn't at my fullest.

8 in the night? Hah.
Anyway, the way you should look at it, Broken Time-Space destroys all rules about evolving, thus meaning you do not need to worry about all restrictions on evolving. Thats the easiest way to look at it.

PokeChamp said:

Wait a minute, I tried to do that a while back and a friend told me that I could only evolve once with BTS. Do you man I could set up a stage 2 all in one turn with BTS? Is there any official ruling on it?

wait so lets say BTS is out I play a horsea from my hand onto my bench, I use bts to evolve it to seadra, can I evolve it again to kingdra? like

Play horsea from hand
Evolve into Seadra by BTS
may I evolve another time?

EastbayTrainer said:
wait so lets say BTS is out I play a horsea from my hand onto my bench, I use bts to evolve it to seadra, can I evolve it again to kingdra? like

Play horsea from hand
Evolve into Seadra by BTS
may I evolve another time?

Yessir.

Oh my god WTH ?Ive been playing it wrong then ive been playing it like so wrong wow so Horsea to seadra to Kingdra all In one turn. . .

EastbayTrainer said:
Oh my god WTH ?Ive been playing it wrong then ive been playing it like so wrong wow so Horsea to seadra to Kingdra all In one turn. . .
yup thats how everyone where i come from plays it kingdra and blastoise love BTS Sooooooooo much

But BTS lets you evolve in the first turn? even if you want to evolve the Pokémon you started with?
(if you go 2nd)

Heres a head scratcher though can you evolve a pokemon you just devolved?
will neoteny have eevee be seen as devolved that turn or come back into play???

It is unknown yet it we'll be able to evolve a Pokemon the same turn it devolved (w/o BTS). This is because there hasn't been a mechanic like this since around Fossil (which specifically said that you couldn't). However, I'm pretty certain that you can evolve a Pokemon that was just devolved with the stadium BTS in play. This is because that stadium breaks all the rules of evolving (except the lines of which they evolve).

Back