• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Bunnymill (Bunnelby / Diggersby / Malamar)

Ms Hugo

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon: 12

• Bunnelby (Primal Clash-121) x4
    Diggersby (XY-112) x3
    Inkay (XY-74) x2
    Malamar (XY-76) x2
    Malamar-EX x1

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 39

• Professor Sycamore x4
    Shauna x4
    Colress x2
    Pokemon Fan Club x2
    Cassius x2
    Lysandre x1
    Teammates x1

Ultra Ball x3
    Repeat Ball x2
    Trick Shovel x4
    VS Seeker x2
    Red Card x2
    Switch x2
    Sacred Ash x1
    Startling Megaphone x1
    Hard Charm x3

Shrine of Memories x3

Energy: 10

• 8 Dark Energy
    2 DCE

Strategy:

NOTE: I have no Ns, hence Shauna.

This deck is an attempt to recreate the Durant mill deck of a few formats back, but with a few twists. Bunnelby has the attack "Burrow," which for one colorless energy can discard the top card of your opponent's deck, as well as the Omega Barrage trait that lets it do this twice, milling 2 cards per turn. Combined with Trick Shovel, there is the potential to mill further cards from your opponent's deck, and also control what they're drawing next if necessary. Hard Charm is in there to reduce the damage Bunnelby takes from attacks and Cassius is there to shuffle her into the deck and out of harm's way if things are looking bad- I chose Cassius over AZ because AZ gets rid of attachments, but it's up for debate over whether this is worth it.
A back-up strategy for the deck is using Malamar's Mental Trash combined with Red Card to disrupt the opponent's hand, then use Trick Shovels to gain control of what they're drawing. Then, Diggersby can recycle Trick Shovels and, with Shrine of Memories, even use Bunnelby's Burrow attack to mill the opponent further. Malamar-EX is in there for stall with sleep, and if all else fails I can always MAXamar to flip coins.
Main weaknesses of this deck include Lysandre's Last Resort- if this card comes out I'll probably just have to scoop. Another weakness is probably that mill decks just aren't that effective in this format, as Bunnelby really only mills 2 cards consistently and does no damage. But, hey, it's for fun.

Bunnelby stats;

Bunnelby - Colorless - HP60
Basic Pokemon

Ω Multi Strike: This Pokemon can attack twice. (If your opponent's Active Pokemon is Knocked Out with the first attack, use the second attack after a new Pokemon is made active.)

[C] Dig-Dig: Discard the top card of your opponent’s deck.
[C] Cultivate: Search your discard pile for a card, reveal it, and put it on top of your deck. Then, shuffle your deck.

Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 2

Yeah Lysandre's Trump Card is a major weakness. Basically if they play that card at all, they win. That being said, it can still be a fun deck to play. I would recommend playing Enhanced Hammers since it can really slow your opponent down, and there's a lot of special Energy in format these days.

You have a good point. I wonder if including a few Crushing Hammers would be useful also...what should I take out for the Enhanced Hammers? I was thinking the Red Cards, but I'm pretty attached to the Malamar strategy...

I might take out Repeat Ball and a Stadium. What exactly does the Stadium do for your deck? I know the Bunnelby has a milling attack, but you'll want to be using its evolutions attack instead. I can't remember exactly what the attack is, but I think it requires a flip to even discard, so Victini might be worth it in this deck. I know you said you didn't have N, but it's worth mentioning how good it is in this deck since late game, you'll still be drawing six while your opponent will be drawing one or two.

Mora said:
I might take out Repeat Ball and a Stadium. What exactly does the Stadium do for your deck? I know the Bunnelby has a milling attack, but you'll want to be using its evolutions attack instead. I can't remember exactly what the attack is, but I think it requires a flip to even discard, so Victini might be worth it in this deck. I know you said you didn't have N, but it's worth mentioning how good it is in this deck since late game, you'll still be drawing six while your opponent will be drawing one or two.

Taking out repeat ball might be a good idea. The Stadium both allows me to combat opposing stadiums, and gives me more options with Diggersby. Bunnelby's attack doesn't require a coin flip, it's quite simply just "discard the top card of your opponent's deck." In fact I just remembered that I should probably have put that in the OP since it's from an upcoming set, so I'll go ahead and do that.

But anyway, with the stadium in play I'll be able to get Trick Shovels out of the discard with Diggersby's attack, and on alternating turns mill my opponent further with Bunnelby's attack. Although, thinking about it...I don't think Diggersby gets the Ancient Trait, so maybe it's not such a good idea after all.

I'd use N if it wasn't so expensive and rare in the UK :/ Maybe I can just call the Shaunas proxy-Ns for the time being.

Back