buyer beware

dthomas

Aspiring Trainer
I bought a Gengar X card off ebay and it's a fake.

The seller's name is zjhzseller

I researched it on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330424094472

If you were careful you could have avoided this. The outline of the card is gold when all Lv. X's have Silver Boarders. Also in the right hand corner of the card you'll see the set symbol for Supreme Victors when Gengar is from Arceus.

Above all, the text fonts were completely off, it was not holo, and the seller had only 50% positive feedback.

CyndaquilMaster said:
I researched it on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330424094472

If you were careful you could have avoided this. The outline of the card is gold when all Lv. X's have Silver Boarders. Also in the right hand corner of the card you'll see the set symbol for Supreme Victors when Gengar is from Arceus.

Well, you can't always rely on the pictures and not everyone is that much speculative or knowledgeable.

But, he should have been able to avoid this if he looked at his feedback information. That guy has sold like 1 item within a year.
And he only has 50% feedback because of this item that was bought. He had a 100% before.

you cant base it on the fact he has 50% feedback. i just checked out his feedback, and its showing the guy only has 1 neg out of all of them.

its the buyers fault for not researching more. NOT the sellers.

Yeah, for all we know, the seller thought it was a real card. You could have pretty easily seen it was fake. That being said, I'm sorry you got a fake card, and I hope it doesn't happen again.

well I contacted the seller and they got the cards from somebody else, so they didn't know it was a fake. he offered to refund me, so that's good.

as for not knowing it was a fake, I haven't bought/played pokemon since the neo sets, so I'm pretty clueless about ex & lv. x cards

Oh well that explains that, it would suck to sell a card the you thought was real but it turned out to be a flash card. For the future Lv.X's have silver boarders.

I think you should stay alert next time before buying. It obvious does look fake. Anyway good your getting your refund.

I think here since you are new to the Lvl. X's you should of researched/compared the pictures of the gengar X before you bought it.

^Exactly I was traded a fake card ones from a friend then I analyzed it more then I found out it was fake, and he thought it was real not fake, so I gave the card back.

Actually, I think it is the seller's fault. If you don't know your merchandise, you shouldn't be selling it. Think about it in more dangerous situations, if you're selling what you think is Gatorade but is really poison and you kill someone, you'd get in big trouble (Sued, to be exact). So for the seller's sake and the buyers sake the seller should know what they are selling, how it should be, what price to sell it, etc.

Tyraniking said:
Actually, I think it is the seller's fault. If you don't know your merchandise, you shouldn't be selling it. Think about it in more dangerous situations, if you're selling what you think is Gatorade but is really poison and you kill someone, you'd get in big trouble (Sued, to be exact). So for the seller's sake and the buyers sake the seller should know what they are selling, how it should be, what price to sell it, etc.

both are at fault no matter what.

I'd say you should check your stuff more thoroughly before you buy it.

also thanks for the heads up I guess

Back