• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

CaKE my version(For Cities?)

Kiefer_777

This is the all powerful genosect.
I have trying to figure out what to run for cities since my Yanmega/Zoroark deck did horrible at Regionals. I'm the defending champion for my town's cities and I really want to win. This is the best deck I could come up with. My meta consits of stage 1s, Tyram, and ZPTS. What do you think?

Pokes:
4 Cobalion NV
3-3 Electrode Prime
2 Kyurem
TSS:
4 Juniper
3 N
2 PONT
2 Sages Training
1 Pokegear
4 Collector
1 PETM
3 Junk Arm
3 Eviolite
2 Super Rod
3 Catcher
2 Pokemon Comm.
2 Research Records
NRG:
7{M}
4 sp{M}
5{W}

My strategy is to basically bomb the electrode to power up cobalion to stop attacks. Kyurem helps against Donphan and Reshiram. Most of the time I can get a t2 cobalion, but I still have some trouble with Reshi and Zoroark. Any suggestions?

This deck needs Twins, I always thought that that was the main point of Electrode. After giving your opponent a prize, the ability to search your deck for any two cards is beautiful.

-1 Professor Elm's Training Method (not needed, there are better ways to get Electrode).
-1 Pokegear
-1 Sage's Training
+3 Twins.

This deck discards a lot of cards, Juniper, Sage's and Electrode all discard lots of cards, in a lengthy game you have a large chance of decking. I think that PONT is going to help you more than Juniper, so you should switch the amount of each you are playing, try testing with 4 PONT and 2 Juniper.

-2 Juniper
+2 PONT

Hope this helps.

I recommend 4-3 Electrode in your deck, because I believe a Turn 1 benched Voltorb is important (you'll want to explode next turn, use Twins, and get your full set-up). I would also play 1 or 2 Pichu to grab Cobalion, Voltorb and Kyurem on Turn 1, or else you can't attach the energies from Energymite to Cobalion/Kyurem.

T/S/S-wise, I would max out Research Record to improve your Energymite yield, and also to protect your resources. You don't want only 1 or 2 energy out of 7 cards. I would max out Twins too, and up Pokegear to 3 to guarantee a quick Energymite+Twins.

I dont really like pichu especially against tyram or reshiboar since they get set up too. The rest looks pretty good Ill try it out.

Of course, Pichu isn't a necessity, it's just something you can use to get a consistent setup every game. 4 Collectors and 3~4 Pokegears can make up for this consistency though. You're right though, giving your opponent a chance to set up really sucks.

Oh, one more thing I forgot to mention: Try playing 3 to 4 Rainbow Energy. Attaching them off Energymite means you don't sustain the 10 damage recoil, and you also can attach it anywhere on the field. Really versatile and worth considering.

This is the new list I will try.

Pokes:
4 Cobalion NV
4-3 Electrode Prime
2 Kyurem
TSS:
3 N
4 PONT
3 Pokegear
4 Collector
3 Junk Arm
3 Eviolite
1 FSL
3 Catcher
2 Twins
4 Research Records
NRG:
7 metal
4 sp metal
5 water

I myself run a list that more focusses on Kyurem.
Anyways, playing FLS above super rod is stupid.
You cant retrieve FLS back with junk arm.
Kyurem is much better in this deck then SEL, Kyurem is not only a good way to counter Tyram but it also sets up KO´s for Cobalion.
But do you want to focus more on Kyurem or Cobalion=

I do like kyurem but I just want to be able to garentee(sp) the tyram win. That is why I am almost tempted to run either vanilluxe or lilligant to paralyze so they have to play a switch, but Ill run vileplume so they can't. I just love CaKE so much, but unless I run a lot of Kyurem Ill lose. I want to be able to win my home town cities like last year. I dont want to make Tyram or ZPST because I kind of like using rogue to mess with my opponent a little. I also cant afford Tropical Beach which means no "good" google or Gothitelle.

Back