• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Camerupt Turbo (Camerupt EX / Magma Camerupt / Reshiram)

Ms Hugo

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon:

• 4 Camerupt EX
    4 Team Magma's Numel
    4 Team Magma's Camerupt
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:

• 4 Professor Sycamore
    3 Shauna
    4 Blacksmith
    1 Teammates
    2 Lysandre

4 VS Seeker
    4 Ultra Ball
    2 Repeat Ball
    2 Acro Bike
    3 Professor's Letter
    2 Switch
    1 Escape Rope

4 Scorched Earth
Energy:

• 10 Fire Energy
    2 DCE

Strategy:

After reading the thread about Deck Engines in the "TCG Competitive Play" section, I decided to fit a variant of the "Crash and Recycle" engine into my up-and-coming Camerupt-EX deck. I think Camerupt-EX really has potential when combined with the Magma Camerupts- it's basically a less-good Rayeels variant for this format.

Anyway, the plan is to tear through my deck as quickly as possible, getting a Camerupt-EX in the active spot and set up at least 2 Magma Camerupts on the bench. The combo is to use the Magmas to attach from the discard via their ability, then use a Blacksmith to accelerate onto the EX. That lets me use Camerupt's Explosive Jet, discard 4 (or 5 if necessary) energy and get one-hit KOs every turn. Reshiram is in here just to have a backup attacker, and to reduce the risk of Mulligans.

For the Trainer lineup, I don't have N and don't have the money to buy a playset, so this will have to do for now, unfortunately. I'm thinking about running 4 Blacksmith but am worried it might get a little cloggy. Teammates is in there just because it's a decent one-of.

I run 3 Switching items because of Camerupt-EX's massive retreat cost, and because if a Magma Camerupt gets pulled out to buy the opponent time, I'm going to want to get the EX back in position to regain momentum. 4 Acro Bike are to burn through the deck as quickly as possible, letting me discard what I don't need (Weakness Policies if I'm not going up against Water, for example) and grab what I do. Even if I end up ditching too much stuff, I still have LTC to shuffle it back in. The rest should be fairly obvious.

I think that's about it. Obvious weaknesses are Water decks, hence the Weakness Policies, and just not being able to set Camerupt-EX up quickly enough- 4 energy is a big attack cost. Also Yveltal, though I could always ditch two energy from Camerupt-EX through Explosive Jet to give me a bit of defence.

Team Magma's Numel - Fire - HP70
Basic Pokemon

[R][C] Ember: 30 damage. Discard 1 Energy attached to this Pokemon.

Weakness: Water (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 2

Team Magma's Camerupt - Fire - HP110
Stage 1 - Evolves from Team Magma's Numel

Ability: Burndraft
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may choose 1 [R] or [F] Energy card from your discard pile and attach it to this Pokemon.

[R][C][C] Fireball: 60 damage. Move 1 Basic Energy attached to this Pokemon to 1 of your Benched Pokemon.

Weakness: Water (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 3

Hi Ms Hugo,

Nice deck. Consider these minor modifications:

- 4 Acro Bike (wanted room for other cards to search and draw)
- 3 Team Magma Ball (a little too restrictive for me)
- 1 Lysandre's Trump Card (not needed at all)

+ 1 Blacksmith (you want to max out on them)
+ 2 Ultra Ball (less specific and the discard can be benefitial)
+ 2 Repeat Ball (real great in decks that run the maximum number of a limited amount of Pokémon)
+ 3 Professor's Letter (it ensures and energy attachment each turn and draws with the stadium card used in this deck)

I would even consider to cut Reshiram for a fourth Vs Seeker since you will need a lot Blacksmith to ohko turn after turn and Weakness Policy for Bicycle to draw at the same turn Blacksmith has been used. The latter modifications are personal preferences.

No idea why I added the LTC to a deck that runs out of the discard pile...

Thanks for the feedback! Made most of the modifications on your list, but kept 2 Acro Bike because I can't find anywhere selling Bicycles. I would change it to Roller Skates but I don't like coin flips, and I think Acro Bike could really help with getting a bit of draw power.

Back