Ruling Can Vileplume ex HL block new stadium cards

Are you asking a question? Because nobody really cares about Vileplume ex HL anymore, I don't think.

Either way, Vileplume's Body blocks new Stadiums, because when the card was made, 'Trainers' referred to ALL Trainers- Stadiums, Supporters, Tools, etc. Vileplume operates according to that ruling, so it blocks new Stadiums.

airconditioning said:
Are you asking a question? Because nobody really cares about Vileplume ex HL anymore, I don't think.

That's not the way to win friends and influence people. He asked a valid question. No need for rudeness.

Shade111 said:
I say no 'cause they're not TRAINER cards

When Vileplume ex was printed, "Trainer" included Supporters and Stadiums. So that's how you read it. Vileplume blocks them all, regardless of whether they're old or new.

Chairman Kaga said:
That's not the way to win friends and influence people. He asked a valid question. No need for rudeness.

No, no, I didn't mean to be rude. It's just that he didn't actually ask a question in his post- he merely stated his opinion on a ruling that is pretty much irrelevant to today's format. :/

Neither are old Stadiums. Either way, when Vileplume ex was printed, they meant Trainers and Stadiums, so you have to play it as it was meant.

See the word at the top of the card? Trainer. That's what it blocks, that's what it looks for, and back then, it didn't really make a difference, it just made it easier to differenciate. If they could be bothered, they would recall them and reprint them with Trainers, Stadiums and Supporters, but it's a waste of time and money so they let our common sense work it out.

What happens is that a pre-DP card that says Trainer, means ALL trainer cards, Staduim, Tool, Trainer, TM, Supporter.

If it was a post DP card, then yes, it would only block the regular trainers.

~Duke

Back