Card Errors Database (Include Images!)

RE: New Errors and Misprints Thread >New Rule: Please Provide a Picture When Sharing a Possible Fake or Misprint.

Looks like it's been defaced... It looks similar to how my old MTG cards look when I take the ink/face off of them to make tokens/alternate art cards.

RE: New Errors and Misprints Thread >New Rule: Please Provide a Picture When Sharing a Possible Fake or Misprint.

I heard someone had gotten a card like that in a Arceus pack a long time ago

Brave Vesperia said:
Do you have a picture or know where an example is? I'm having trouble understanding what you're trying to describe.

^^^This. I am thinking of the Secret Legends from HG-SS?? Not sure lol...

Is this a known misprint? I've googled for information, the only thing I could find was an eBay listing titled "Pokemon Jungle Set Kangaskhan misprint border color error", but it was in someone's feedback and I couldn't find the actual listing (I think they get removed after a certain date). Here's a scan of the back and front:

iv84iId6wAkPW.png

As you can see, a little bit of the border is the correct yellow color. I thought it might be fake, but it looks too perfect. Maybe Wizards' printer was running out of ink?er

^^ It looks like it was running out of ink. If you look at the upper right, you can see where the ink is the correct color.

It looks sun faded to me.

omahanime said:
It looks sun faded to me.

That's kind of what I thought, but why does the picture and part of the border look fine if it's from that?

Bob The Magical Penguin said:
That's kind of what I thought, but why does the picture and part of the border look fine if it's from that?

From something laying on top of it.

If it was no ink, I would expect the whole card to look as if a color was missing. The border just looks washed out, or faded.

omahanime said:
From something laying on top of it.

If it was no ink, I would expect the whole card to look as if a color was missing. The border just looks washed out, or faded.

I know, but it seems as if you'd need to have it fade a few different times with different items/items in different places to get that whole "effect", and then the border might have different "shades" of being faded.
But really, this just seems odd as there is that one space on the border of regular color.

I messaged the guy who bought a Kangaskhan border error on eBay, hopefully I'll get some info from him, it might confirm whether or not this is a true misprint. If it was sun faded I would think there would be other places besides the border that looked faded.

Geodudette said:
I messaged the guy who bought a Kangaskhan border error on eBay, hopefully I'll get some info from him, it might confirm whether or not this is a true misprint. If it was sun faded I would think there would be other places besides the border that looked faded.

Not necessary. I could cut a mask, and reproduce one. That had a faded border, and an unfaded picture.

Is it just me, or are a lot of Jungle cards miscut/misaligned? I've recently gone through my Jungle cards and found that I have a large amount where either the front or back are miscut/misaligned (most of mine tend to be the back).

Daelum said:
You mean something like this?

displayimage.php

kinda but like not holo shiny like a old rev from hgss on.

Geodudette said:
Is this a known misprint? I've googled for information, the only thing I could find was an eBay listing titled "Pokemon Jungle Set Kangaskhan misprint border color error", but it was in someone's feedback and I couldn't find the actual listing (I think they get removed after a certain date). Here's a scan of the back and front:

iv84iId6wAkPW.png

As you can see, a little bit of the border is the correct yellow color. I thought it might be fake, but it looks too perfect. Maybe Wizards' printer was running out of ink?er

That is not a misprint. That is a low toner ink problem XD. I have this card and have had it for 13 years and was one of my first rares and mine is normal XD. That is not a misprint XD.:)

xxashxx said:
That is not a misprint. That is a low toner ink problem XD. I have this card and have had it for 13 years and was one of my first rares and mine is normal XD. That is not a misprint XD.:)

Actually, that would count as a misprint. "Oh, that Vulpix isn't a misprint. That is a typo problem." You see what I mean? Any sort of error that occurs while making/packaging the cards classifies as a misprint/error.

The guy I was talking to on eBay just put up an amazing collection for sell. He has a Magneton with a similar border error:

https://i.minus.com/iq4P1Mcriy3JL.PNG

I'm going to go ahead and say it's due to low ink. I don't know if that's defined as a misprint but it seems to be an error that occurs once in awhile. You guys should check out his collection, he has all 4 reverse stamp movie promo errors. I didn't even know the other 3 existed, I've only ever heard of the Mewtwo error. There's a lot of other stuff I've never heard of too, like a Pikachu card with no picture:

https://i.minus.com/ii5AOdhVqFON2.PNG

Some of these may be fake, but if they're legit this has to be the best error collection I've ever seen.

The problem I see with some of these errors is the way the card appears would indicate a multiple pass printing. I am amazed we are not seeing more errors with their quality control, and a 4 color printing system. Then imagine the amount of errors if the border takes 4 passes, the card takes 4 passes, and finally the art takes 4 passes.

So what are you saying exactly, that these ink errors aren't that rare?

The Pikachu card is a fake. This was discussed on another Pokemon forum. The seller was making multiple "blank" cards.

What do you guys think about the other inverse stamp movie promos, legit? It brings up the question, is it possible to produce a counterfeit error card that looks so realistic it's undetectable?

Back