Ruling Card legality & a couple other questions.

Maelstrom

Cyclone
1. Is the Warp Point from EX Unseen Forces illegal? I'm pretty sure it isn't seeing as how there's a currently printed copy and it has the exact same text, but the decklist program on the main site doesn't have this version in the drop down menu that pops up.

2. Can a pokemon have multiple Poke Tools attached at a time?

3. Do special conditions stay on a pokemon when it is benched?

Maelstrom said:
1. Is the Warp Point from EX Unseen Forces illegal? I'm pretty sure it isn't seeing as how there's a currently printed copy and it has the exact same text, but the decklist program on the main site doesn't have this version in the drop down menu that pops up.

1. Yes, it is legal.
2. No, since all Tools have specific text saying you cannot have more than one Tool attached to a pokemon at any time.
3. No, all conditions and effects on any pokemon go away when it is benched, evolved, or Leveled Up unless specified.

To add on to your Warp Point question, as long as that card has been reprinted in a currently-legal set, then it is legal. In some cases, you need a translation because several cards such as Helix Fossil or BS Charizard have different text.

The Fallen One said:
Maelstrom said:

1. Yes, it is legal.
2. No, since all Tools have specific text saying you cannot have more than one Tool attached to a pokemon at any time.
3. No, all conditions and effects on any pokemon go away when it is benched, evolved, or Leveled Up unless specified.

Alright, thank you. I just have one more question, it's moreso on the topic of premiere events:

Do trainers with some sort of text before the actual name (e.x. Power Spray) need to have the entire name (for the same example, Team Galactic's Invention G-10X Power Spray) on the decklist?

The Fallen One said:
Maelstrom said:

1. Yes, it is legal.

Some clarification on #3:
Effects of attacks and special conditions are removed. If the effect is applied by a power, it does not get removed, for example: PT Ludicolo's Power continues to effect it, even if it goes to the bench.

In reply to the 4th question, as long as the person who is checking the decklist is able to understand it, then you don't need it. However its best that you do to avoid problems.

Also to add on to your 3rd question, if the card has the came title as one in a current modified set, then the latest text should be used and not the old text.

There's only been one card with the words "Power Spray" in its name, so I think anyone familiar with the card would recognize it. Same goes for "Energy Gain" and "Poké Turn." The words "Power" or "Spray" written by themselves would be confusing, but "Power Spray" would be unmistakable, if you ask me.

Back