Chandelure from “Mask of Change”

JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
The Chandelure evolution line was just revealed from SV6 Mask of Change! The set will release in Japan on April 26th. It should combine with March’s Crimson Haze to form our Twilight Masquerade set in May.
Litwick – Fire – HP60
Basic Pokémon
[R] Call for Family: Search your deck for a Basic Pokémon and put it onto your Bench. Then, shuffle your deck.
[R][C] Live Coal: 20 damage.
Weakness: Water (x2)
Resistance: None
Retreat: 1

Lampent – Fire – HP80
Stage 1 – Evolves from Litwick
[R] Live Coal: 20 damage.
[R][C] Burn Out: 60 damage. Discard all Energy from this Pokémon.
Weakness: Water (x2)
Resistance...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
It looks pretty fun, considering multiple Chandelures can make your opponent draw even more cards, while drawing cards yourself is never a bad thing. It also makes the deck more consistent, along with the low attack cost.
Yeah, it looks fun! Problem is the opponent won't brick very often when drawing so many cards and will usually ko the Chandelure (a stage 2, not so easy to keep in play every turn) or even boss something else.

Could honestly be fun and interesting if your opponent has 8 you do 240 damage but you giving your opponent more cards in there hand for next turn

Yeah, it looks fun! Problem is the opponent won't brick very often when drawing so many cards and will usually ko the Chandelure (a stage 2, not so easy to keep in play every turn) or even boss something else.
You can draw 4 at best and then iono, judge or hand trimmer. But still it isn’t consistent and I can’t see this being played as stage 2. Maybe basic or stage 1 would bo ok.

You can draw 4 at best and then iono, judge or hand trimmer. But still it isn’t consistent and I can’t see this being played as stage 2. Maybe basic or stage 1 would bo ok.
Read the attack - it stacks with the amount of cards on the opponent's hand. So Judge + four Chandelures is a guaranteed 240 damage.
I wouldn't worry so much about giving your opponent cards - the format already has ridiculous draw power. You also shouldn't be afraid of Boss, because everything you'd play dies in one hit anyway.
It's obviously not great right now, but in a balanced format like H-on it might be at least a fun deck to consider playing.

So you can use the Ability to power a cheap cost attack or use it to force your opponent to discard with Hand Trimmer. Not bad options.

It feels like it might be worth something to consider for mill decks?
You want your opponents to run out quickly and yourself on the other hand getting more gas.
Also you can use the ability and then just slap down something like a discard hands to a certain size supporter.

Read the attack - it stacks with the amount of cards on the opponent's hand. So Judge + four Chandelures is a guaranteed 240 damage.
I wouldn't worry so much about giving your opponent cards - the format already has ridiculous draw power. You also shouldn't be afraid of Boss, because everything you'd play dies in one hit anyway.
It's obviously not great right now, but in a balanced format like H-on it might be at least a fun deck to consider playing.
Oh you’re right I just skipped the attack! But yeah fun deck is at its best.

Chandelure Mill is Real Again?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!!!!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!??!

Unfortunately still worse than LOR Chandelure. Main use case I could think of is maybe growing their hand and then using Eri to snipe important pieces like Rare Candy but that's too gimmicky

Back