Chandelure (Red Collection 36/66)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rusty Sticks

♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
ChandelureRedCollection36.jpg

Ability: Cursed Shadow
Once during your turn (before your attack), if this Pokémon is your Active Pokémon, you may move 3 damage counters from this Pokémon to one of your opponent's Pokémon.

Dubious Light: 50
The Defending Pokémon is now Burned and Confused.

It's a shame that this card isn't really playable, since it has great artwork. 50 for three with Confusion/Burn isn't worth it just to use Chandelure's Ability.

Wow, is this a real card? I assume it is unless you're playing some joke. =P
Anyway, this card looks quite bad considering Reuniclus is already in the format and it's attack is nothing special.

Where did you get this scan? Also I'm mad about how unplayable this card is. :smashcomp

EDIT: My awnser ninja'd me.

Yeah, I hope there's a playable Chandelure in this set or one of the next... Attack is bad and the ability is a joke next to Reuniclus.

I think that this could have been playable...
If Reuniclus hadn't arrived first. Honestly, they're even the same type in the TCG, so why did they create a bad Reuniclus after the good one? It's a real shame - both are good Cursegars and they are awesome Pokemon with awesome artwork, but this is bad for a Stage 2.

Reuniclus laughs.... ya, its really bad. I'm glad cards are starting to be revealed though.

This is what the page the card is from says:

Be upstanding! Thanks! Seated ー! (Albeit 先生Rashii)

Pokemoningu! The Teacher.

Expansion Pack Collection "Red" BOX 7 campaign has bought / 15 (Friday) begins.
Benefits "google Land" card, but it is fascinating.
Since the card will benefit lasts, is certainly want to get better
I recommend that you book at the store Campaign.

"Once you've organized the key nautical miles of this land loss and Guretopokemon ..." etc.
Stirs the imagination are many.

With such things, the expansion pack "Red Collection" from a single,
Here the quickening the imagination of Pokemon cards! !

"Shandera"

What a! I want to put Rareruda Damekan three pieces! ! !

Damekan festival but not a spending spree on purpose!

But not in a place so useless property battle
"The Guretopokemon Kingudora (" The Legend Resurrected ") and what was not? "
There is no need to worry like.
Kingudora Pokepawa of the Guretopokemon "give a splash," I'll also use the bench.

This property is "behind the curse," is used only in battle field, although if you have multiple dogs out
Run away, "Pokemon Irekae" If you use, it can be used multiple times
Ukeai partner that is despair.

Where
"With" Irekae Pokemon "to" junk arms "is used many times to collect in
Characteristics has been canceled effective at the time it took to return to his bench
You're not perpetual dream, heh to eh "
Beware of people thought I was forgetting an important one screw tightening of perpetual motion.

Official Rules <Using the characteristics ■> section of the

● The effect of the characteristics persist even back to the bench.

As it is written, the Shandera One is you can not use this property only once my turn once
Please be careful.

Another expansion pack collection "Red" is a characteristic or skill with a pokemon and be surprised,
Card, so exciting and so height in supporting such goods or this
Please look forward to it, and follow-up sale!

I think that he was already revealed in the Japanese B/W base set or something like that, but didn't make the final cut worldwide. I've definitely seen him before, a few months ago.

If the ability moved it to your opponent rather than to your other pokemon, then this would have been very playable WITH Reuniclus...

I'm hoping it's a translation error, and you do move damage counters to the opponent. Cause this card will get no use ._.

It is an uncommon though, so...

They'll most likely change it to a Rare or a Holo Rare. They've done it before in past sets.

dmaster out.

Yeah we haven't had an uncommon stage 2 in the US in ages.

Sad, just sad. I was expecting Chandelure in Red Collection to be a foil rare with the usual cool foil artwork, and I expected it to be a pretty good card too. But this? Wow, how disappointing. The power seems good at first... until you realize that we have Reinculus now. As an attacker, it isn't that good too. 3 for 50 is quite a let down. The only advantages this card has is the high HP and the double status. At least it still has cool artwork though.:)

Update! Bulbapedia says it's to your opponent's Pokemon:

"Cursed Shadow - Once during your turn (before your attack), if this Pokémon is your Active Pokémon, you may move 3 damage counters from this Pokémon to one of your opponent's Pokémon."

Here's the link: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Chandelure_%28Red_Collection_36%29

So, if Bulbapedia's updated translation is correct, is this the new Kingdra?
It seems good, but a little unreliable.

Now If that Translation IS correct, then Chandelure becomes slightly better. It can essential do 80 + double Status to the defending pokemon, Such an ability seems a bit TOO good to be true though. I'm going to assume it was miss-translated.

With 130 HP, that puts it just out of range for a OHKO from Zekrom and Reshiram, which is a nice bonus...but unfortunately, a PlusPower fixes that.

I find it quite hilarious that what people claim is broken in the video games (Chandelure was actually recently banned in the Dream World OU metagame) is almost unplayable in the TCG.

^Base 145 Special Attack, great moveset, and Shadow Tag? Yes sir =3

Anyways, even with the translation edit, I'm still not seeing Chandelure. Moving damage counters is cool, but the attack cost and damage output still isn't worth it. Especially considering Chandelure doesn't have a good Weakness, either.

I think that for 3, 80 + double special conditions is evil (in a good way). It can be so disruptive and would be popular in special condition decks. If this translation is right, it will be more realistic. They wouldn't release him after Reuniclus if he was slightly worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back