• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Chaos Control (Giratina EX / Aromatisse)

LoneWolf2113

Now With Sablenite!
Pokémon: 13
  • 3 Giratina EX AOR
  • 1 Lugia EX AOR
  • 2 Shaymin EX ROS
  • 2 Spritzee XY
  • 2 Aromatisse XY
  • 3 Xerneas XY
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 35
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Level Ball
  • 3 Super Scoop Up
  • 1 Energy Recycler
  • 1 Sacred Ash
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 3 Trainers' Mail
  • 1 Battle Compressor
  • 3 Muscle Band
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 3 Professor Birch's Observations
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 1 Teammates
  • 1 AZ
  • 3 Fairy Garden
Energy: 12
  • 8 Fairy Energy
  • 4 Double Dragon Energy
Strategy:

This deck works around using Giratina EX's Chaos Wheel to prevent your opponent from using Special Energy, Stadiums, and Tools. However, I consider this a more "Turbo" Giratina EX build. It uses Xerneas XY to set up quicker, using accelerated Fairy Energy and Aromatisse's Fairy transfer to power up Giratina EX potentially by turn 2 or 3.

I've been using this deck a lot online and really enjoy the speed the deck has. If you have any suggestions or inquiries about why some cards are in the deck, feel free to post them. Thanks in advance!

Thanks,
LoneWolf2113

You should make room for another 1-1 line of Aromatisse imo. I'd take out the Energy Recycler and Sacred Ash. I don't think this deck really needs recovery.

You might try Exp. Share in here. I've used it and works nicely. Keeping energy in play is absolutely essential with this deck.

Were any of your opponents able to get around Giratina-EX?

Really the only things that this had trouble with was Mienshao, since it can stall and use basic energy, and Raikou/Magnezone since it uses basic energy entirely. But all in all the deck functions pretty solidly and consistently.

@Lamm_Von_Gott I will definitely look into this. I'll try some testing and get back to you. It sounds like a great idea!

Maybe take out the battle compressor, as you are only running one anyway

I came to the garage for a list about this variant of Giratina for the sole reason that I have the 3xp Dragon daily and the 2xp Fairy daily lol.
  • I would drop the teammates for a second AZ or Lysandre as though supporters will be way more useful.
  • Drop the Sacred Ash and the Recycler for one Rod.
  • The Milotic from Primal Clash is popular in Night March to grab discarded DCE, but space on this bench does get tight so it is just a thought.
Nice list, LoneWolf, and I hope you get it how you want it!

Back