Charizard ex Special Illustration Rare and More “Obsidian Flames” Cards Revealed!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Pokemon.com has revealed more cards from Obsidian Flames, including a Ryme full art and the Special Illustration Rare of Charizard ex!
Update (7/13): The cards have been deleted. TPCi may have revealed them too early by accident.

SV03_EN_123-144x200.png

SV03_EN_141-144x200.png

SV03_EN_143-144x200.png

SV03_EN_221-144x200.png

SV03_EN_223-144x200.png

This is one of the rare times the English TCG is revealing cards from a set before Japan; Ruler of the Black Flame releases in Japan next week, but its marketing has been relatively tame. This is probably because...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
The new Ryme card: *is basically a Boss' Orders plus drawing cards*
Me:
(I love-hate these kind of cards)
1689175849057.png

Glimmora ex is kinda cool, but I'd honestly rather just use Avery or Collapsed Stadium most of the time (and in Expanded Roadblock Sudowoodo or Parallel City). At least it is somewhat playable though, with a good ability and passable attack, and not complete filler.

As it is my first time seeing all of these, time to give my competitive thoughts.

Glimmora ex has REALLY good counterplay against Lost Box. Limiting them to 2 Comfey, Radiant Greninja, and either a third Comfey, Manaphy, or sweeper hinders them a lot.

Scizor also can be a good Lost Box counter, considering almost every 'mon they play has an ability.

Mawile could be better, but decent one-of to slow down Lugia VSTAR (or I guess Gardevoir ex because Reversal Energy) just doesn't seem great.

Ryme has potential. If Gardevoir ex runs Worker, they'll find room to play that.

Charizard. Ooohhh man, I want it to be good, but the fact that it's Stage 2 makes me hesitate. It's fine as a late game or early Gardevoir sweeper, but other than that I don't see it having much competitive staying power. Cool art though, probably gonna settle at a solid $50.

Back