Charizard is Broken Again

PMJ

Silhouette Gloom of the Sundown Lands
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
It’s been a couple of months since I’ve written about Charizard ex, so I guess it’s that time again. For real though, in my preliminary testing for Worlds, no deck has impressed me more than Charizard. Once Shrouded Fable drops, I predict that this deck will once again claim its throne as the best deck in the format. Based on some general hype and results from Japan, it seems that Charizard is once again going to be top tier after its brief falloff in the Twilight Masquerade format. My group very nearly played Charizard for NAIC, but we ended up going with a less risky meta call, playing a boring Gardevoir ex list instead. However, Tord Reklev accurately predicted the lack of Dragapult ex and played...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Great article! How do you handle, what is the strategy when Regidrago VStart plays Kyurem?
I'd play Manaphy down, it helps quite a bit to stop them from pulling Kyurem out T2. The best answer to that is still to evolve quickly. You can also take advantage of the fact they have to discard all energy on Drago when they use Kyurem, and try to stall them out since getting Regidrago set up and the Canceling Cologne and Prime Catcher does take quite a bit of draw to accomplish. If they do manage to take down all your Charmanders, you can still use Radiant Charizard + Defiance to OHKO too.

Back