Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Can't tell/remember

Votes: 7 33.3%

• Total voters

Delta

Selling colourful Pokemon to Celadon Game Corner
Do you remember when you used to trade cards at shool
When a dumb person swapped you an extremely rare card for a rattata
Or when A complete do***e bag swapped you a fake for one of your best cards and you never saw him again.
Well this is the topic to post it

Once When I brought my haves to primary I had Really good cards
I swapped most of them for a Japanese team rockets mewtwo
I was amazed I couldn't wait to get home and show it to my freinds and then my uncle told me that that card was fake
Do you know how he knew...he actually had the original
I am completely serious I even saw it

I don't think anyone at my school played Pokemon. I can only remember YuGiOh. Man, did I do some terrible trades in that...

If I did trade Pokeymanz as a kid, I would have gotten ripped off left, right, up, and down. :/

actually
i was the kid who traded the fakes for the good onez
so ya...
but not now i was bad wen i was younger

back then everyone in my classes collected them, I didn't even know what anything was worth, I just went by how cool the artwork was, I also got free cards a lot.

I remember, I was the only guy around who knew how to play. It was funny, because I had everyone convinced that when I played pokeball, it let me actually keep one of their pokemon. I got away with so much good stuff, and then I got into trouble when I tried to "catch" a chansey. I was soley responsible for getting pokemon cards banned at my school. Long story short, I returned the cards, apologized, and I've not used pokeball in any deck of mine since, lol.

Pokemon cards got banned from my school just because some swapped me a fake trade just ONE! And then it got banned and everyone blamed me

My daughter is 9 and has been doing ok with trades she can get some good stuff for almost nothing but most of the stuff is beat up or old. I suggested she asks about trainers and supporters. I am betting that kids who dont play do not put any value on those.

I didn't go to school, but I was one of the few kids around who had found the rarity symbols and made sure everyone else's trades were fair.

When I went to primary, I didn't know the value or rarity of the cards.
My first rare I pulled (in my first booster ever) was Pidgeotto from Base Set.
It was awesome.
And about trading, I was always the "silent ripper".
I would offer a trade to a kid that has no clue on what his... for example Claydol is worth and I'd get 2 Claydols for a SW Charizard.
It wasn't litterally ripping off, nor it was stealing. It was just exploiting my abilities, experience and knowledge about the card value.
In my city, people always ask me about the value and/or the price of the card... I'm a living PokeDex that often exploits his database, you could say. ^^

I say "bad" because I forced a trade of his Rhyhorn for my Machop, Energy Removal, and some other card. (I thought that Rhyhorn was rare.) No; the trade was bad because the recipient was unwilling. (Now I hope that I can give him a new Rhyhorn card as repayment for my insintence, even though that trade has been done since 7 years, I bet.)

One of my friends in second grade traded a Dark Celebi for a theme deck Milotic...:O

And that was 5 years ago, the kid he traded it to is looooooooooooooooong gone.

I'm constantly giving people on my league Tin Lv X's for LA Lv X's (non tin ofc).
Just today I did following:
Gave 16$ for:
Infernape Lv X pack
Darkrai Lv X pack
Regirock*

Also... I gave my Infernape Lv X tin for his Gliscor Lv X and Kingdra + some more... ^^

Just as geo's signature says... ONLY GOD can judge me!

* Androman has left the building *

This wasn't exactly at school but at this summer camp, my friend traded his Mime Jr. for an EXPLOUD! LOL

Also I forgot to add something... today I also traded my Rotom (GE) and Togetic (RH, GE) for 2 Mightyena (LA), 2 Roseanne's Research, Ditto LA and some more rares/uncommons I needed. ^^

Back