CMT! Need Help Please!

Trexroarr

Aspiring Trainer
I plan on playing CMT at the upcoming Nationals and Battle Roads, but I need a lot of help.

Firstly, I just don't get why Tornadus is so good or which attack even makes it good, in any deck for that matter. I've never played against one so I haven't really seen it in action. Is it's purpose to move Energy to Mewtwo-EX (or Regigigas-EX)? Also, how many Tornadus would you run in CMT?

My biggest problem is with tech cards. There are just so many options for this deck. (Smeargle, Shaymin-EX, Shaymin UL, Regigigas-EX, Terrakion NV, Virizion NV, Cleffa, etc.) What are the best techs to use? I have all which I listed (except for Smeargle and Shaymin UL, but I can get them.) I also have a Gardevoir line, but that would be a whole other deck, right?

What about Trainers? What are the best Trainers for this deck? I have play sets of every major Trainer in the format (except for PokeGear, but I can get em).

Lastly, are two Mewtwo-EX enough? I can't really afford a third...

Thanks for the answers! :)

PS: I know that CMT is the best deck in the format right now, but will it be once Dark Explorers is released? I don't want to invest in this deck if it won't be the best for long.

It depends on your style but im pretty sure most run about 3-4 in their decks.its good because it acts as an energy accelerator to do a consistent 80 damage per turn while also putting energy onto mewtwo to help mewtwo setup. Two mewtwo seems enough usually. Would you like a decklist to help you get started on making your MTC deck?

I was wondering when you were gonna post here, Jirachi! You always seem to be the first one to help, which is great!

A deck list would be an awesome help, thanks! :)

Here's a skeleton
4 celebi (you want 4 because you want to start with it for energy acceleration)
3 tornadus
2 mewtwo EX
And any techs you want. Pros and cons of techs Shaymin EX (good against terrakion and is a pretty good attacker late game but if KOd your opponent takes two prizes), (maybe terrakion since it is good against zekeels but it would need 2 fighting energies), smeargle (very good so you like get to use 2 supporters everyturn but almost never there is a bad supporter for you to use in their hand takes advantage of sky arrow for free retreat), shaymin (requires ssu but is good for quickly moving energies around), regigigas (lots of hp and can attack prettywell and uses colorless which is good, though weak to terrakion)
4 dual ball (to quickly get out basics)
4 catcher (self explanatory)
3 sky arrow bridge (for less retreat cost)
3 switch (to switch)
4 junk arm (to reuse trainers)
3 N (hand disruption and hand refreshment)
4 PONT (good hand refreshment)
4 juniper (good draw supporter to get a new hand)
2 plus power (good against mirror)
2 eviolite (for mewtwo)
Around 3 ssu (for getting Pokemon back to your hand)
1 super rod (recycling)

4 DCE
8-10 grass energy

This is just a rough skeleton and may have forgotte some things so adapt it to what you prefer and your plaing style.

That list is a really big help! Thanks! I'm going to put together a list and post it here when I'm finished. I'll let you know when I'm finished. :)

Back