Collecting Collecting Cards for a specific Pokémon: What do you consider part of that?

mirdo

Seagull Overlord and Business Entrepreneur
Dear beach goers,

Maybe some of you remember my Wingull/Pelipper Collection (which is kinda complete at this point).
Now i ask myself what do you consider Part of such a collection?
Only the Cards of the specific Pokémon or also e.g. Trainer Cards where they feature?
In my Case Wingull is in the foreground of Mr. Brineys Compassion that's why i considered it part of my collection. But that would also mean my Collection isn't compleate without the 2005 Version of Tropical Tidal Wave. Right?

I guess in the end it's my call. But good luck finding that card at a decent price.

So what do you think? Do you also collect for a certain mon? I'd be interessted if someone else does that :D

I personally consider it only cards which have the Pokemon's name. So say if I were a Manaphy collector, I wouldn't consider the Empoleon card that has Manaphy in it to be part of the set.

(And in case you were wondering, I collect Ninetales and Sneasel.)

Dear beach goers,

Maybe some of you remember my Wingull/Pelipper Collection (which is kinda complete at this point).
Now i ask myself what do you consider Part of such a collection?
Only the Cards of the specific Pokémon or also e.g. Trainer Cards where they feature?
In my Case Wingull is in the foreground of Mr. Brineys Compassion that's why i considered it part of my collection. But that would also mean my Collection isn't compleate without the 2005 Version of Tropical Tidal Wave. Right?

I guess in the end it's my call. But good luck finding that card at a decent price.

So what do you think? Do you also collect for a certain mon? I'd be interessted if someone else does that :D
We usually skip the trainer cards, but adding those card might also made your collection interesting, they may add some story to it if people ask. If i were to collect wingull i may consider mr briney due to the close association in the game.

For my Yveltal collection, I collect trainers (as far as I know there's only one, and its price is over 1000€ though I hope it will go down at least a little, but I will buy it one day) and when with another pokémon (Gardevoir EX). I also collect all languages, which is not the case for my volcarona collection.
I guess it really depends on what you want. And how much money you want to invest in it in some cases...

Back