Competitive Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Decmaster

Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you.
700th post!

Well, in Summer 2010, Flying_Swampert, a friend of mine, had gotten into competitive video gaming. It sounded like something I could handle, so I downloaded Shoddy Battle, constructed a team using Smogon, and tried it out.
I couldn't win.
My team, to put it simply, was terrible. There was no synergy between them, just a mix of random strategies of Pokemon I liked thrown into a team.
So guess what? I quit.
I'm starting to think that that was a big mistake. Recently, another friend of mine built a competitive team that actually holds water, and so I've wanted to start back up again. However, even after hours of research, I can't find anything to help me out. So, I turned to Pokebeach.

That's where the story catches up to the present. I have some questions I want to get answered:

•What are some of the popular teams in Generation V?
•What are some of the more usable Pokemon in Generation V?
•How does one go about constructing a competitive team?

Or anything else that you think I should know.

Thanks in advance!

(Mods, I don't know if this is the right place for this or not, but I didn't see anywhere better…)

If you haven't already, I'd recommend signing up in the tutor sign-up thread. Many clans also offer tutoring.

I would also recommend trying this thread. Considering it's stuck at the top of the forum, I really don't know how you could have missed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back