Contest: Design the Dragon-type!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
tumblr_lij8600jtz1qzizv5o1_500.png

As has just been announced on the front page, Dragon Selection, a new TCG mini-set which will be released in January, is introducing the Dragon-type to the TCG! As such, there will probably be a unique Energy symbol for it. For example, Water-types have a water drop for their symbol, as seen above.

What do you think the Dragon-type symbol will look like? What color will it be? Draw your interpretation of a Dragon-type symbol and PM a link of it to me! Use "Dragon-type Contest" as the subject line. All submissions will be displayed here on the front page as long as effort is put into them. You must ALSO submit your predictions of what the Dragon-type will be weak to and what it will resist out of the 10 types in the TCG. Submissions are due by November 1st, a week from today. Stealing artwork from other people or websites - plagiarism - will result in a ban. So don't do it!

Just like the Halloween Banner Contest, the winner will receive a special forum prize to be announced to the public when they are chosen. All those who correctly guess what the Dragon-type will be weak to / what it will resist will also receive a prize, though obviously when that news is revealed to the public (which could be months from now).

I might even submit an entry just for fun! I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!

Hahaha that is so awesome. Thanks for all of the art contests WPM.
I might enter this, if I get done with the Halloween banner contest, and other stuff. (Deadlines are pretty close together.)

Didn't CMP have one that was really good?

I think the color will either be pure white or an orange shade, maybe even turquoise...

This is awesome! It's about time they stopped giving poor dragons the colorless energy type. (Colorless typing would be useful if dragons weren't often hindered by Water + Fire move costs)

Well what would make sense for the Dragon Symbol is the Dragon Scale since it is used to evolve some Dragon Type Pokemon. I don't see why they would not put it to good use in that form. Also they could use the tail of a Dragon Type to create it. Those are 2 possible uses for the symbol.:)

These are going to be really interesting. Best of luck to you all.

Remember to keep it simple. None of these Energy symbols are extremely extravagant!

Juliacoolo said:
This is awesome! It's about time they stopped giving poor dragons the colorless energy type. (Colorless typing would be useful if dragons weren't often hindered by Water + Fire move costs)

I'm guessing the color will actually be purple like in the video games.

I believe they will be weak to other Dragon because of Dragon-Types being weak to other Dragon-Types in the video games. The only other thing I could see as a common weakness would be water since it is closely related to ice, which Dragon-Types are also weak to. I don't know if I'll have time to make an entry for the contest based on how much I am working on already that has higher priority.

I think the colour of the type will be dark green ,with a golden colored dragon head as symbol. All attack/poke power text will probably also be gold color then, instead of the usual black (or white on dark types). That color combo would be awsome!"

I think a Dragon Tail will be te most logical picture, cause its simple, and you know what it means. Something like this:
3616301116.png

Does the symbol have to be small and a prefect circle etc., how well executed does it have to be?

I think the Dragon type symbol is some purple like in the games (quite different from the poison type). I mean every type until now has the same colour as in the games. If I had to make a less boring guess I would say teal. :3 Not because of my nick, seriously~.

Weak: mainly Dragon, sometimes Water (since Ice)
Especially for example a dragon type Dragonite or Salamence could be weak to water since in the games it has a x4 weakness to Ice.
Resist: Grass, Fire often probably somewhat depending on the (possible) secondary type in the videogames. (Like Reshiram probably resists Grass etc.)

Teal said:
I mean every type until now has the same colour as in the games. If I had to make a less boring guess I would say teal. :3

Not entirely. Psychic is purple in the TCG, pink in the games; Fire is red in the TCG, orange in the games; Fighting is brownish orange in the TCG, red in the games. :p

I think goldish orange (because of Battrio), teal, or Royal blue (games) are most likely. I already use orange for Redux, so I'll be switching it up with a new color and symbol for the contest.

CMP said:
Not entirely. Psychic is purple in the TCG, pink in the games; Fire is red in the TCG, orange in the games; Fighting is brownish orange in the TCG, red in the games. :p
Psychic in the TCG uses the colour of poison in the games, and poison Pokémon are Psychic in the TCG. There is no real difference between the colours of fighting in the games and the TCG (I don't know how you came up with fighting using red since it is obviously brown). Fire is obviously red in the TCG, while its orangeish red in the games but seriously, true red just makes more sensa - anyway it's basically the same colour too.

I have an idea of what the weaknesses will be. Can't wait to see the designs!

Back