XY Could genetics be the general theme for X and Y?

Slippy732

Hungry Ghost Princess of Hakugyokurou
Based on Evee's new evolution and Mew's(might be)forme, could the theme for pokemon X and Y be based on genetics?

RE: Could the theme for X and Y be forme(s)?

I don't know, but it might be based on Paris (since the Eiffel Tower display in the trailer). I don't know, but we'll find out!

Based on multiple sources, I'd say this generation may very well be based on genetics. Question whatever changes they make... As long as they don't mess anything else up like Mewtwo and it's new forme (eew), I'll be fine.

What are you talking about, I actually like "Mewthree" or at least I hope it goes by that name but I doubt it. Game Freak's been on a "Forme" craze since Gen III with Deoxys, now it seems like they may make Forme's for various classic Legendaries such as Ho-Oh and Lugia or they could make new Forme's for Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres which would be weird. If they change too much with the main franchise game mechanics it might not be backwards compatible with Gen V which would be a shame.

If this is true, could the scenario be also based on altering pokemon?

Perhaps the evil team will manipulate the genetic codes of various Pokémon to take over the European region...

;~;

Dustin DeVine said:
Perhaps the evil team will manipulate the genetic codes of various Pokémon to take over the European region...

;~;

An evil organisation that is crazy for genetics. I could see that happening in Europe

I am not sure if it will be based on genetics, but I say that they will be in the game (probably post-game late-game). I don't know why people say that Sylveon can be something that is about genetics. Its just an eeveelution! We get 2 of them every 2 Gens!

Or maybe the evil team are tampering with genes so they can create the strongest Pokemon ever lived instead of capturing an existing one? Just an idea

m7mad133 said:
Or maybe the evil team are tampering with genes so they can create the strongest Pokemon ever lived instead of capturing an existing one? Just an idea

You mean Mewtwo and Genesect lol :)

CorinthiansRose said:
m7mad133 said:

You mean Mewtwo and Genesect lol :)

Funnily enough, Genesect is tied with 20 other Pokemon for 6th strongest Pokemon.

Mewtwo is tied with 8 Pokemon for third strongest.

Black Kyurem and White Kyurem are tied for the 2nd strongest Pokemon.

The strongest Pokemon is Arceus.

Of course. First off, Mewtwo and Mewtant (as I call it) are important parts in the movie about Genesect, another modified Pokemon. The Japanese logos even have a DNA strand in them and there is a TCG set coming up that features Deoxys, another DNA-inspired Pokemon. Eevee's new evolution could be artificially induced, as it is said that Eevee's genetic code is strange and irregular. Xerneas has double helixes in its antlers and Yveltal has diamonds (representing the gaps in DNA) on its wings and back. Yvel also has visible veins or something in its body. Genetic modification also seems fitting in a France/Europe-inspired region.

CyberCat5555 said:
Of course. First off, Mewtwo and Mewtant (as I call it) are important parts in the movie about Genesect, another modified Pokemon. The Japanese logos even have a DNA strand in them and there is a TCG set coming up that features Deoxys, another DNA-inspired Pokemon. Eevee's new evolution could be artificially induced, as it is said that Eevee's genetic code is strange and irregular. Xerneas has double helixes in its antlers and Yveltal has diamonds (representing the gaps in DNA) on its wings and back. Yvel also has visible veins or something in its body. Genetic modification also seems fitting in a France/Europe-inspired region.

I've never heard someone call it "Mewtant" before.

I like it! I might use it from now on until we get an official name for the Pokemon!

I've tried to explain what you said above to a lot of people, but some people just want to believe solely in the "axis" theme, where the games are based on the X, Y, and Z axises on a 3-dimensional plane, when in reality, there are already clear signs that Pokemon X and Pokemon Y will be themed around genetics and DNA.

I liked the idea on X/YU being based on the axis on a plane, considering this is the first (main series) Pokemon game in 3D. The genetics thing is sounding pretty convincing though. I love that idea of a team creating the 'strongest Pokemon' rather than trying and failing and trying again to catch it. I'm not considering Mewtwo and Genesect this because:

A: They're not the cover Legendaries, thus not being the main focus of the game
B: Mewtwo is failed clone and Genesect is a natural Pokemon that was modded upon

I don't know. I guess it would be weird if the evil team mainly focus on genetics...I mean what are their goals with genetics and pokemon? Fusion?

Puh-lease!

Oh Pokemon...Please no

tumblr_m5zpbpTow71rrf7rs.png

I highly doubt it, but its possible. I mean, most people were probably expecting Pokemon Grey or a Ruby/Sapphire remake. It may just be a coincidence, but I think Nintendo may have just become unimaginative

I believe in the genetic modification theme, but not splicing Pokemon together. What I mean is that the enemy team(s) will be creating a brand-new Pokemon from scratch (Xerneas, Yveltal, and maybe the Mewtwo thing, which I call Mewtant) or modifying preexisting 'mons, not mixing Pokemon to make something. The enemy team(s) could of been inspired by Rocket and Plasma, building off their creations and ideas. For example, Mewtant could of been an attempt to make a new and improved Mewtwo or something, but there was a glitch in the DNA synthesis that made it the way it is, with head-tail and all. This would be a really interesting concept for a game and it would easily be come my favorite game in the series. As I said before, there is a lot of evidence to support this theory.

I'm just waiting for someone to make a holocaust joke about this. Evil team, something about being genetically perfect, taking place in Europe. I see what you did there Pokemon.

I was joking at first when I mentioned mutating Pokemon in the "Mewthree" thread, but maybe form alterations will be a theme in this new series. Maybe not mutations for every single Pokemon, but maybe for a handful. We shall see.

Back