XY Could genetics be the general theme for X and Y?

CyberCat5555 said:
Another thing to back up the genetics theory-look at the object on the male character's wrist
310218_573006942739889_1911282586_n.png

A DNA strand in a rainbowy orb? What could it be? Look, even the light grey detail vaguely resembles a DNA strand. I think it will have something to do with Xerneas/Yveltal/Mewtwo. Possibly let them change into new forms (if Xern and Yvel have forms, I bet they will, as GF have been very form-happy recently)

I'm thinking its the new Pokétch/Pokégear/C-Gear and it'll use holograms to display images of the caller.

Trainer of Shadows said:
CyberCat5555 said:
Another thing to back up the genetics theory-look at the object on the male character's wrist
310218_573006942739889_1911282586_n.png

A DNA strand in a rainbowy orb? What could it be? Look, even the light grey detail vaguely resembles a DNA strand. I think it will have something to do with Xerneas/Yveltal/Mewtwo. Possibly let them change into new forms (if Xern and Yvel have forms, I bet they will, as GF have been very form-happy recently)

I'm thinking its the new Pokétch/Pokégear/C-Gear and it'll use holograms to display images of the caller.
Good guess, but what would a rainbow DNA have to do with anyone? Maybe a scientist who worked on Xerneas/Yveltal/Mewtwo or something?

CyberCat5555 said:
Good guess, but what would a rainbow DNA have to do with anyone? Maybe a scientist who worked on Xerneas/Yveltal/Mewtwo or something?

Maybe the evil team is the Silph Co of this region. And the helix is their insignia.

Trainer of Shadows said:
CyberCat5555 said:

Maybe the evil team is the Silph Co of this region. And the helix is their insignia.
That would be really cool, but Silph's logo looks more like two halves of a pokeball opened and side by side, look here, at the top, it's yellow:
180px-Pok%C3%A9gear_HGSS_m.png

CyberCat5555 said:
Trainer of Shadows said:
That would be really cool, but Silph's logo looks more like two halves of a pokeball opened and side by side, look here, at the top, it's yellow:
180px-Pok%C3%A9gear_HGSS_m.png

I didn't mean they were the same company, I meant that the Evil teams company would be the big technology giant in the Kalos region as Silph Co was in the Kanto region. The "Kalos Co" would use their tech company as a face when dealing with the public and to produce revenue, while they secretely conduct genetic experiments, hence using a the helix as their logo.

I think that the talk of X and Y having to do with genetics is garbage. X and Y chromosomes are a teeny tiny, nearly insignificant part of genetics. All they determine us genetics and likelihood of displaying recessive traits. Genetics is so much bigger than that. I also can't imagine that they would name their games after the things that make us male and female. Any form of gender distinction makes society to crazy. Lastly, basing the games on the x and y axes makes much more sense! This is the first 3-D Pokemon game after all. Plus, that way, the third game would sensibly be named Pokemon Z. There is no Z chromosome.

Jay said:
I think that the talk of X and Y having to do with genetics is garbage. X and Y chromosomes are a teeny tiny, nearly insignificant part of genetics. All they determine us genetics and likelihood of displaying recessive traits. Genetics is so much bigger than that. I also can't imagine that they would name their games after the things that make us male and female. Any form of gender distinction makes society to crazy. Lastly, basing the games on the x and y axes makes much more sense! This is the first 3-D Pokemon game after all. Plus, that way, the third game would sensibly be named Pokemon Z. There is no Z chromosome.
The genetics theory mainly comes from the Japanese Logos-
tumblr_mgb4otJQaj1qm94dlo1_500.png

Notice the DNA helices in the logos?
Also, there are several other reasons why we believe that genetics are a theme of gen6, I will post them if you want me to.
Also, there are Z chromosomes as well as W chromosomes in animals other than humans.

Well yes, but they do not serve the same purpose as the X and Y.

I would like to see additional reasons.

As of last generation the titles have had more importance than before in determining the themes, aka Black and White equals the black and white morality of the villains/truth vs ideals dynamic of the legends and all that.

So we're assuming that X and Y has something to do with the theme, because they aren't gemstones or precious metals and came totally out of left field pretty much.

Axes would be extremely difficult to put into a plot. Yes, the legendaries have an association with the forest and sky already, perhaps representing X and Y, but that's nohere near enough information to draw a conclusion.

Thus the genetics theme. It will likely only be important in the plot, as with Black and White, and maybe a few gimmicky game elements since it's easier to work with. If there's a new type this generation (which is practically confirmed), they could have it where the new type originated in this region and is a special quality of it. Why? Maybe you have to find out.

Or you could just in general be trying to focus more on actually collecting data about Pokemon rather than beat all 8 gyms and E4 and become tru Pokemon master! That would bring back a lot of focus to the plot, like the professor telling you to go out and research the effects of human interaction and battling and how they effect Pokemon, instead of the usual "lol might as well do the gym challenge on the way". Or the villain team could be scientists.

A lot of it really is just theorizing, but we're certain that DNA has some bit of importance to the game. If instead of the helix there was an up or left/right arrow there, then I'd be more inclined to believe in the axis theory beyond just a cool coincidence.

Back