Cradily, Lileep, Antique Root Fossil from Stellar Miracle!

For something as hard to put into play as a Stage 2 Fossil Pokemon, they really should've made its ability not require a coin flip. It's a fun idea, though.

Also, good on them for printing a line of Pokemon that hasn't been seen much in the TCG outside of its debut generation, and was last seen in SuMo. More of this, please! I've always liked Cradily personally.

Isn’t the tagline of root fossil missing the line about being able to discard itself from play in this translation? The fossil condition reads the same on all of them.

Wait this cradily can make use of the new burned and confused ace spec it might be broken now
Not broken, but definitely fun! I like how the fossils themselves are getting pretty strong abilities to compensate for being items. That said, we still need a reprint of something like Order Pad to make getting fossils more consistent, or a better way to cheat them into play than Omastar V

that lileep has a good art! i'm sure fossil lovers are excited to see it. i particularly enjoy the attention to detail throughout the room, like the geometric lileep rugs and the other fossils hidden amongst the belongings.

Another waste of an AR slot
it's okay to not like things; things don't need to seek permission to have value in existing. you don't need permission to exist either, after all.

The problem isn't even so much the stage 2 is the fact that fossils get screwed by not having true basics. We need to start a petition to fix fossil Pokémon
Honestly all we need is a Buddy-Buddy poffin, and super rod, for fossils. That's not too much to ask, right?
or an updated reprint of Pokémon research lab, but I feal like that would not be enough

Last edited:
I'll give this art a decent 6.5/10, but I'll get one for sure cuz it's gen 3.

It looks so good and as I'm building a Japanese AR Pokedex I'm glad for every niche Pokemon
Same but English ARs. I rather this than a double up (e.g. I have the Zeoara Chilling Reign AR so the new one in SM is a pass for me)

Honestly all we need is a Buddy-Buddy poffin, and super rod, for fossils. That's not too much to ask, right?
or an updated reprint of Pokémon research lab, but I feal like that would not be enough
Make fossils Pokémon or make the actual Pokémon the basic. Problem solved

The top comments are the duality of man lol

(I like the lileep AR a ton and i'm happy that fossils are seeing some love!)

Would it really be that broken if they let it paralyze? I don't think so. I don't see why they have to over-restrict the card. IDK what's worse, getting a card that is obviously bulk (e.g. a good amount of Fusion Strike) or getting a card that looks fun but is handicapped in some way for no apparent reason. Like there are going to be people that decided that they want to build a deck around this cradily and then have a miserable afternoon on PTCGL as they get popped by T1 iron hands or T2 dragapult after they arven for their evolving basics. Double munkidori basically deletes this deck as well.

Same but English ARs. I rather this than a double up (e.g. I have the Zeoara Chilling Reign AR so the new one in SM is a pass for me)
I also collect the English ones but in sets and as I just came back from Tokyo and all ARs are just under 100 yen that is def. the better option to do a Pokédex (also Japanese cards look just better)

That's so boring
At least the cards would be usable. I don't care about exciting I care about playability. The only fossil that has seen play in a long time is Archeops and that's just because you can cheat it straight to the bench with Lugia VSTAR. Fossils being items hurts them to the point they're unusable and that's what I'd call boring.

The top comments are the duality of man lol

(I like the lileep AR a ton and i'm happy that fossils are seeing some love!)

Unironically I agree, it's nice to have things that are just aesthetic it's only really a problem when you try to replace something good with something worse, Sneasel ex in Ruby and Sapphire comes to mind

At least the cards would be usable. I don't care about exciting I care about playability. The only fossil that has seen play in a long time is Archeops and that's just because you can cheat it straight to the bench with Lugia VSTAR. Fossils being items hurts them to the point they're unusable and that's what I'd call boring.
Stripping away their identity from the games never seem like fun to me but obviously to each their own. Making them as you say doesn’t make them playable magically either, we have countless unusable stage 2, or stage 1 as they would become with your suggestion. And then they’d be another unusable deck with the difference of them actually not being different and you’re just playing another rogue deck. Less variety, less fun but I know not everyone will agree

I just want a cubone or gyarados art rare then I will be happy
i'd also love to see a cubone alt art; 151 was a really cool opportunity for it, so i wish they had taken the chance while they had it. it's important to not knock something else down just because you didn't get what you want; someone other than you might have wanted that something else and waited a really long time for it, just as you've (unfortunately) had to wait, too.

but you didn't come here to be lectured. if you're collecting gyarados alts and haven't seen them yet, there's two older gyarados alts from 2015/2016 (breakpoint has a shiny, while ancient origins has a standard colour one) that you might be interested in? they're not MODERN alts, but they're out there.

Back