Creating a Pokemon PC Strategy Game!

On eBay, I wouldn't know. PokemonCrater is different than what I'm doing though, especially since my game isn't browser-based.

Sorry I've been away a few days, GameTap hooked me :/

I've been rethinking the game and rather than just using Pokemon, I think I may spice it up by adding characters from a variety of Anime/Games/Movies/etc... Mostly because I got tired of typing up stats for Pokeymans that no one will ever want to use. One of the charms of Orbit was being able to use cool characters from a variety of sources, so I think I'm going to go down that road.

Thanks Doc. As I said, I am trying to decide which entities I want to use, and which characters from them. I'll probably make the characters from the anime into Tiles as well as some Pokemon. I think I'll also include characters from DBZ, and some other popular games with a variety of characters. M:TG, Star Wars, LOTR, Street Fighter, and Mega Man are being considered.

If you have any ideas or opinions on what you want to see, feel free to post them here.

Ok, I've been overhauling the system to make it a whole lot better. Now each character has its own types, and many have their own abilities. If anyone wants to contribute, they are welcome to. The system is pretty similar to the way gToons were done.

Template:

Character's Name: If more than one card of the character, a title can be used to differentiate them

Power: 1-10, the higher the better. If the character gives bonuses or penalties, be sure to adjust the character's own power to balance.

Characteristics: Usually just includes race and class.

Source: The name of the anime/cartoon/movie/cereal/etc the character is from.

I'd prefer characters from reasonably popular anime or fantasy settings that several characters can be harvested from. Dragon Ball Z, Pokemon, Final Fantasy series, and the like are good choices.

So are you asking for entire shows that would help or just single characters. Examples

1) Good show = Naruto then list all poosible choices

or

2) Shino Aburame
Power 7
Characteristics: A complete bug maniac, who always has a versatile strategy. His bugs are used to quick, light attacks, but are capable of extremely powerful blows.
Series: Naruto

I know absolutely 0 of Naruto, but it is definitely something I'd like to include. I plan on giving a few example characters to give a better idea of how the game works, and it'd be awesome if someone could model some Naruto characters for me.

Here are a couple examples:

Character's Name: Krillin, Defender of Namek.

Power: 5. All Nemekians get +1. All adjacent Dragon Ball Z Heroes get +1.

Characteristics: Human Hero

Source: Dragon Ball Z

Name: Ash's Pikachu
Power: 4. Ash's Pikachu gets +8 if you have Ash in play. Pikachu gets +3 if its opponent is a Pokemon Villain
Characteristics: Pokemon
Source: Pokemon

I've added sample pictures on the screenshot section of my website.
www.geocities.com/spiderlocmtgo

Back