• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Crobat/Beheeyem - Will it work?

Is This Deck Good?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Scorched Feathers

Aspiring Trainer
Hi, I just wanted to get some advice on my deck.

4-2-3 Crobat UL
3-3 Beheeyem (First Contact Elgyem)
2-1 Musharna BW
1 Victini NV (Victory Star)
1 Cleffa HGSS
Pokemon - 20
4 Pokemon Communication
4 Sage's Training
3 Prof Oak's new Thoery
4 Copycat
2 Super Rod
2 Switch
3 Pokemon Collector
4 Junk Arm
Trainers - 26
12 {P} Energy
2 Double Colorless Energy
Energy - 14

This list is mainly focusing on trying to get out a Beheeyem out by turn 2 and start spreading damage across my opponent's side while setting up a Crobat on the bench. Once they've knocked out Beheeyem, I should have hopefully done a decent amount of damage across my opponent's field to send up Crobat and start spamming Hurricane Wing. Victini is to help if I'm getting some undesireable flips with Hurricane Wing by allowing me to reflip for that attack. Musharna, well, Dream Eater. Cleffa is just a nice pokemon to have incase I draw a bad hand, or if I want to try and stall with it.

RE: Is this deck good?

I guess you start by including a strategy for the deck.
First of all: I don't think I've ever seen a deck list with so many different Pokemon.
It seems to me like you wanna be prepeared for everything by including so many different types of attack, but I don't think it will work, because you'll get to many troubles getting what you need, with few of each card.
And I think you'll be sitting with way to many {P} energies on your hand :p

looks like your ready for anything if you can get the cards, please include strategy, and you need slim down the energy.

Please make the pokemon like 2-2-1 rather than saying 2 zubat, 2 golbat, and 1 crobat. I'm not sure where you're going with this.

I'll give you a round of applause if you can explain to me the purpose of every single card in this deck. If you can't, you should really put some more thought into which cards you use.

Who's your main attacker? Add more copies of those.
Take out Lost World. It's not gonna happen with just a single Mime JR in your deck.

Well...I've seen worse :p

Still, echoing the statements of the others, it really is just a very unfocused deck. I can see elements that suggest the main attacker is Crobat UL, but there are also things like Togepi, Venipede and Munna in there, and none of them seem to be doing...anything :(

I'd be quite happy to help you with your deck, but I'm not quite sure what it is you want it to do. If you were to post your strategy, or even just what parts of the deck you'd like to focus on, I'll do my best to lend a hand.

However, the thing that really gets to me most of all is that you're using 4 Elgeyem, and only 2 of them are the First Contact Elgeyem!

vareki said:
Well...I've seen worse :p

Still, echoing the statements of the others, it really is just a very unfocused deck. I can see elements that suggest the main attacker is Crobat UL, but there are also things like Togepi, Venipede and Munna in there, and none of them seem to be doing...anything :(

I'd be quite happy to help you with your deck, but I'm not quite sure what it is you want it to do. If you were to post your strategy, or even just what parts of the deck you'd like to focus on, I'll do my best to lend a hand.

However, the thing that really gets to me most of all is that you're using 4 Elgeyem, and only 2 of them are the First Contact Elgeyem!
Ok, I Could Do with some help, but I do only have a few resources.

My Strategy is to get Crobat UL out, get enough energies on it, and Hurricane wing everything in sight. Mime Jr. and lost world are just a Second Strategy.

Do you think you could Improve my decklist? (Y'know, copy it, edit it, and re post it or PM it to me?)

Just glancing at it, drop the mime jr. and lost world. There is no way you will win with one mime jr.

Okay lets see what we can do about this.

Now that we know that your primary goal is to set up a Crobat we know what you want to do with this deck. I'll just give you a skeleton list leaving blank spaces for you to fill in. I'll make the list simple with some easy obtainable cards.

4-2-3 Crobat UL
3-3 Beheeyem (First Contact Elgyem)
1 Victini NV (Victory Star)
1 Cleffa HGSS

4 Pokemon Communication
4 Sage's Training
3 Prof Oak's new Thoery
1 Super Rod
1 Switch

11 {P} Energy
2 Double Colorless Energy

This list is mainly focusing on trying to get out a Beheeyem out by turn 2 and start spreading damage across your opponent board while setting up a Crobat on the bench. Once they've knocked out Beheeyem, you should have hopefully done a decent amount of damage across your opponents field to send up Crobat and start spamming Hurricane Wing. Victini is to help if you're getting some undesireable flips with Hurricane Wing by allowing you to reflip for that attack. Cleffa is just a nice pokemon to have incase you drew a bad hand, or if you want to try and stall with it.

The rest of the space i now for you to fill with want you feel might be necessary. I would suggest you do a little research on all the cards in the most recent sets as they would be easier to obtain and see if there are any Pokemon / Trainers / Supporters that might be useful for this deck.

Adding in stage 2 pokemon just for the sake of adding one in is not a good idea. Unless it has a useful effect or makes the deck more effecient and/or faster then you're just wasting valuable space. However Scolipede does have better HP than Crobat and has some realiable damage output. If anything i would suggest switching the Crobat out and put in Scolipede.

Which Scolipede is it, EP or BW?

Just a note...
You currently have 69 cards. You should find a way to drop 9.
For one, I'd drop the Musharna; It's best with Hypno, and even then it's fairly frail HP-wise. It's definitely not worth it to use Hypnosis (or whatever it is) and then hope the opponent rolls two tails in a row just to do 90 damage.

Fraxureking, please read the Deck Garage Rules and update the first post accordingly. You need a better title and a strategy, since this is definitely not a metagame deck. If you don't fix your post in the next couple days, your thread will be locked.

Every post in this thread could have been much more helpful if you had a strategy to tell people where you're going with this.

Just a couple general rules of deckbuilding to help you out:

1. Having cards is not a good reason to play them. Think about your strategies, and then build your entire deck around those strategies. Generally you should only focus on one strategy. Having one 30HP Mime Jr get six Pokémon in the lost world without even being able to control what you're sending there is a horribly unreliable strategy. Plus, you can't search Lost World, so you have to manually draw into that. It's impractical, and those spots would be better spent somewhere else.

2. Every deck needs four or more ways to search basics. I advise having three Collector in here. Normally I'd never advise less than four, but that First Contact thing makes up for the lack of a fourth one. On the other hand, one-of cards are bad. You'll never draw into a trainer if you only run one copy of it. So, drop Dual Ball.

3. Switch is always a better card than Full Heal.

4. Flippy cards are usually bad. Poke Ball does not belong in any deck. Nor does Moo Moo Milk.

5. Of course this varies deck-by-deck, but the standard deck nowadays runs about 13 energy. If Crobat and Beyheem are your main attackers, and they both only take one energy, your deck shouldn't be running more than 13 energy. I'd say 12 is probably a good number.

6. Every deck not using Vileplume should use Junk Arm.

Back